Link Parking PCN n- ow gladstone letter of claim - used Incorrect machine for area - Llynfi Court, Llynfi Lane, Bridgend ***Claim Discontinued***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1035 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I have received a letter today off BW Legal informing me that a claim has been issued on the 21st December 2020 for this parking ticket

I have not received the claim form or a letter sent by them on 15th December stating they will be issuing a claim. 

It looks like I am now outside the 28 days to acknowledge the claim so am unsure of what steps to take now. 

Could someone please advise on what steps I can take.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Could you post up the letter redacted as PDF. has it any reference number for the claim they issued on it

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

haven't moved have you?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Good point DX, althogh would they try a previous address backdoor if they had the correct new address?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Hi I have not moved and find it very strange I did not get the letter on 15th.  I have just spoken to the court and they are e mailing me the pack and have told me to get my defence in as soon as possible as technically I am out of time. What a joke.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

As time is of the essence also start drafting a defence.  It only has to be very brief & generic, just a few lines.  Look in the PPC Successes thread at the top of the page, start from the last page and look for threads with "claimform" in the title.  There will be lots of examples of defences.  

Use the online MCOL once you have the pack for AOS.

You dont need too

if you have the poc now just  do my last link please

and they

Name of the Claimant :Link Parking Limited

Claimants Solicitors: BW Legal

Date of issue – 21st December 2020

Date for AOS - 9th January 2021

Date to submit Defence - 22nd January 2021

What is the claim for

1. the claim is for the sum of £114 being  the contractual charge due from the defendant in respect of a parking charge notice (pcn)  for a contractual breach which occurred on  **/**/**** in the private car park/land at  lynfi court - lynfi lane bridgend cf31 1su.  in relation to a ford fiesta   registration mark *******.

2. the pcn was issued as the defendant failed to comply with the terms and  conditions, as displayed.  

3.despite demands, the charge remains unpaid.  

the claim also includes statutory interest  pursuant to section 69 of the county courts act 1984 at a rate of 8% per annum (a daily  rate of £0.02) from 26/02/2019 to 14/12/2020 being an amount of £**.**.  the claimant also claims £60.00 recovery costs as set out in the terms and conditions and in the ata aos code of practice

What is the value of the claim?£248

Amount Claimed £173

court fees £75

legal rep fees 

Total Amount £248

Have the court said its OK to submit a defence as you never had the claimform?

do you have the MCOL Password?

if not go ring the court again and get it or get them to reset it

you need access to MCOL to do AOS and file your defence.

and they

The court has said to get the defense in as soon as possible as the claimant has not yet activated the CCJ.  They have said to e mail the defense in.

The court has told me to contact the claimant for a copy of the claim form, the claimant has said that they dont have it and to ring the court - going round in circles with this one.  I am going to get the defence done asap and e mailed in.

i said not to phone the fleecers.

you have to acknowledged the claim 1st 

get that done by email now today

you have till friday to file defence...breathe slowdown some.

it will help you immensely if you could get Northants bulk to reset MCOL as you don't have the password from the claimform..so you can file online and get updates online as the case progresses. get that MCOL website portal working!

and they

Phew the fleecers will see a nice easy default go down the toilet .

• Like 1

let hope so, 

did you get the MCOL access sort BW?

and they

Have you acknowledged the claim by e-mail as dx suggested?

Email acknowlwdgement as suggested, and say you intend to defend, just hope its not gone through for default judgment already.

OK, so if you can't get MCOL to cooperate, e-mail a defence.  It just has to be short & generic.  Post 65 here  https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/410445-ukcpmgladstones-windscreen-pcn-claimform-vista-centre-salisbury-rd-hounslow-tw4-6jq-claim-dismissed/page/3/#comments  is a good starting point (cut out point 1 of the defence).

Yes, you've successfully defended the action, which means that Link will have to produce a Witness Statement and have the gonads to see you in court.

They can't just get a default judgement.