Link Parking PCN n- ow gladstone letter of claim - used Incorrect machine for area - Llynfi Court, Llynfi Lane, Bridgend ***Claim Discontinued***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1014 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

My wife received a PCN from link parking for not displaying a valid pay and display ticket. 

There are 2 car parks adjacent to each other. 

The pay and display meter in the car park she was in was taped up and has been for a while.

She didn't see the sign showing alternative payment methods and found another pay and display meter to purchase a ticket (both car parks are £3 daily) so displayed a ticket for the adjacent car park.  

It was a genuine mistake as she was rushing to catch a train for jury service and to be honest the signs and layout is not the best despite what Link claim.

Problem now is she has appealed to Link (rejected) and worse she has appealed using IAS and has told them she is keeper and driver. 

She has received a reply from IAS with Link offering their evidence and has 5 days to reply their evidence. 

I know she shouldn't have done this but I was none the wiser so now have to try and sort this out.

Should we reply with her evidence to IAS as she has started the process. 

The fine is for £100 even though it states £125 on sign. 

I am not prepared to pay this but may find this difficult now she has disclosed keeper and driver name.

Any advise greatly appreciated.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

please

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

1 The date of infringement? 26/02/2019

2 Have you yet appealed to the parking company yet? [Y/N?] Yes

if you have then please post up whatever you sent and how you sent it and the date you sent it,

suitably redacted. [as a PDF- follow the upload guide

has there been a response? Yes

please post it up as well, suitably redacted. [as a PDF- follow the upload guide]

If you haven't appealed yet - ,.........

have you received a Notice To Keeper? (NTK) [must be received by you between 29-56 days] No

what date is on it

Did the NTK provide photographic evidence?

3 Did the NTK mention Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 (PoFA) [Y/N?]

4 If you appealed after receiving the NTK,

did the parking company give you any information regarding the further appeals process?

[it is well known that parking companies will reject any appeal whatever the circumstances]

5 Who is the parking company?Link Parking

6. where exactly [Carpark name and town] did you park?  Llynfi Court Bridgend

correspondance.pdf

what date did is on the NTD/PCN/NTK ?

when does it say its a FINE please?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Link Parking PCN - used Incorrect machine for area - Llynfi Court Bridgend

Was this a windscreen ticket?

and they

Looks like it..

shame you appealled.

should have read the guidance here 1st.

await eb to comment

but id do nothing more till/if a pap lba arrives

its not a fine either!!

and they

as you appealed yu wont get a NTK.

Give us the exact location (postcode or street name or name of retail complex or whatever)and we will have a look on goggleyes. There was a parking co that took a motorist to court under similar circumstances and the judge ate them for breakfast

as this appears to be a residential area can you explain a little more about the layout etc?

Edited by ericsbrother

• dx100uk changed the title to Link Parking PCN - used Incorrect machine for area - Llynfi Court, Llynfi Lane, Bridgend

I did look and just found a housing estate called Llynfi Court, there must be 2 places in the locality, I will google again.

Found LLynfi lane, I see 3 car parks, 2 run by Simply Park (2018) and another that is accessed via a road that rund behind the premised and appears to be owned by the council. and is parallel to Tremains RD

so where exactly was your vehicle parked?

You need to get abck there and photograph the signs and meters that are there in both localities plus the signs and meters in the car park run by the council in between. Does the ticket produced on the day from the meter still exist? If so we need to see that as well

Hi EB

She was parked in the carpark to the left of the access to the council car park.  This is a Simply Park car park but is confusing as council car park sign is adjacent to this and looks like its part of the car park where she was parked..

Ticket attached.  I will get photos of meters pronto.  I also have photos from Link via IAS - do you need to see them? One of them is a warning sign that is not displayed at the car park which they included as evidence - I have also attached this as.

Many thanks for the assistance - donation on its way

Link Sign Type 22.pdf

you could have done it youself by hitting edit.

but ive done it 4u

and they

you throw the kitchen sink at this sort of thing so pictures of everything. If the signs are obscured by a bin or tree we want to see them at their worst perspective as well as best. showing a sign is behind a wheelie bin has lost several parking co's their court claims.

Also get pictures of any signs about anything in that road nearby as well, the more you can show that the signage isnt clear and is confusing (or confused by general advertising) the better.

Betre to have all of this and not need it then to go chasing after it in a years time when things have changed at the site and the need is urgent

the extra picture of the non-existent sign actually shoots their claim down in flames as it is forbidding and not a genuine offer of terms. So, the only way a random person can form a contract is to agree they are breaking it! that is why Will and John are the parking world's solicitors, no-one else would ever consider approving such a dogs breakfast and the ex-clampers are too thick to be allowed pointy scissors to do their own cut and paste signage so they get what they deserve

Hi EB

Thats  exactly what I thought about the sign - cut and paste job and not displayed anywhere. I think  I will have a pretty good defence when needed .

thanks again for the assistance

still early days so dont be tempted to jump the gun and do anything other tha gather info yet. When the NTK arrives please post that up with personal details redacted so we can see what they are saying is the breach and whether they ahve used the correct key phrases to create a liability under the POFA. Often IPC members get the simplest of things wrong and bearing in mind they are supervised at every stage by the world's greatest solicitors, Will and John at Gladstones-(or are they playing at being the IPC today?) it makes you wonder what they get for their membership of that particular club. Perhaps cheap golf lessons.

• 1 month later...

Hi All

Have received a reminder notice which I have attached.  When my wife appealed she used my e mail and used my name but named herself as the keeper and driver at the time during the appeal process.  However the reminder notice is addressed to me and has stated that I have been named as the driver.  I am correct in saying it is safe to ignore this notice?

Reminder Notice Redacted.pdf

you ignore it anyway regardless!!

as post 17

and they

stop using email!

block them and bounce

and they

Never email a PPC or tame solicitor, if they did try court they would send stuff to you by email at 11:59:59 the day before a hearing and screw you over.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!