BankFodder BankFodder

cjbwire

Harlands and X4L

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 427 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Good afternoon,  I am after a bit of advice. 

i have had a quick read through some of the posts but not sure what to make of it all and getting a bit worried. 

Need some advice.

In January 2018 I signed up for a membership in your Warrington branch of Xercise4less with my rugby team. 

As we got quite a few of our players to sign up I got my membership for around £12 for the year. 

At the time of signing up I was not notified of any charges if I wished to cancel my membership the following year, 

I went into branch in January and asked how to cancel my membership before any more payments were due. 

I was told my a member of the staff there to just cancel my direct debit, which I did. 

I have since learned through phone calls with both the Warrington branch and Harlands that this was not the correct thing to do, thus being misinformed by a member of their staff. 

I have since received emails from Harlands saying that I owe them money for the years membership and also a fee. 

This I believe is not right as I was misinformed by a member of staff at the Warrington  branch and had I known about this then I would have followed the correct procedure in cancelling my membership.

Please can I have a bit of advice.

Regards, Chris

1st stop ringing everyone

writing ONLY!!

simply find and use one of the slick132 letters here offering ONE MONTH membership with no fees to settle the matter

use ROYAL MAIL NOT EMAIL

if they don't take up the offer, then ignore them all

they don't do court

they cant harm your credit file

a dCA is NOT A BAILIFF

and have ZERO legal powers .

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

Hi CJB and welcome to CAG

Can you let us know :-

1. Date you signed up to the gym.

2. Date you recently told the gym you wanted to cancel.

3. Date your last DD was paid to Harlands by the bank.

😎

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)