Jump to content

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • I cant help thinking that if we had to complete a questionaire that asked if you were "physically able bodied" before you were interviewed then this would be classed as discriminative.   Yet you can be asked to explain a gap in employment and that this is not classed as discriminative to people who may have had a mental breakdown.   Ok on this occasion I had taken a work break, if thay had asked a bout a break I had taken 10 years earlier then it would have been a different story as I had suffered depression and anxiety at that time.   It just seams to me that it puts people who have had a mental health issue at a disadvantage.      
    • I am just outside of the HS" zone for compulsory purchase. However,I put my house up for sale 4 weeks ago, and have had 2 viewers. Both said they like the house but the threat of HS2 having framework across the road put them off buying my house.    I am aware that I can take HS2 to court and get the court judge to (hopefully),force HS2 to purchase my house at market value under the Blight Order.    How do I go about starting the process?. Which court would the case go to?. Am i best enlisting a claims specialist with success in this field?.    The estate agent who my house is on the market with has told me that they have the feedback documentation from the 2 viewers testifying that HS2 put them off buying my house, so they would be available to the court.    Apparently there has already been 1 successful case on my street, and 1 two streets down, and there is another case on my street going through the court.    Any help, laws,quotes etc would be greatly appreciated.
    • Hi HubbaLoo and welcome to CAG   It's no surprise that the likes of CARS and Harlands  make far more charging admin fees than they do from taking a small monthly percentage of the gym fees.   It's best to tell CARS your new address - best that you know what they're up to at all times.   Send them a typed letter (no emails for now) saying:-   Dear sir or madam,   Membership at [town/city] DW Gym   My current address is as shown above.   I cancelled my membership when I relocated and supplied details of moving. I do NOT have to supply utility bills etc as demanded from you and will not enter into further correspondence with you.   If you continue to harass me for payments of admin fees, I will make formal complaints to the appropriate authorities.   Yours faithfully.    
    • It is not the DVLA that insist it must be insured, it is s.144A, Road Traffic Act 1988. Off road and SORN is one of the exceptions - s.144B of the same act.
    • Update  Ico and tpos are both useless Martin quinn has said to them that the signature on the tenancy agreement is diffrent and neither have asked for proof  The police have not given me an update on the supposed burglary or speakers that went missing that the man n van was meant to deliver  even after asking 9 times so now I'm trying to put pressure on them to tell me why they wont    I'm also going to try and get him under the Protection from Eviction Act 1977 as what he has done is a criminal offence
  • Our picks


Difficulty repaying Barclays loan

Recommended Posts

Firstly, many thanks in advance for any advice...it is very much appreciated. 

The basic facts are as follows... 

My partner has been a customer of Barclays for about 40 years! 

She has never been overdrawn and any loans she has had from them in the past have always been repaid exactly according to the agreements. 

Her age is 64 and has fallen foul of the Government's pension regulations (which is affecting many women). 

She is disabled and in receipt of DLA, which is her only income.

I am in receipt of a basic state pension, plus an additional sum of pension credits to supplement our joint income. 

I have recently lost my DLA award and have failed to qualify for PIP (although an appeal is in progress)...this resulted in my partner also losing carer's allowance for me. 

As a result of all of this, my partner has approached Barclays and has asked if her payments could be reduced temporarily until she reaches pension age or my PIP appeal is successful. 

Barclays have refused outright, saying that they think she can afford to pay the full amount of £200/month as she is in receipt of DLA! 

This has caused her a considerable amount of distress, as she thought that they would be fairly understanding. 

My attitude is that she should now stop all payments and let them do whatever they can to recover their loan (my partner has no savings or assets and we live in a council flat). 

Obviously, this has now started to have an adverse affect on her health (having suffered from strokes in the past few years). 

Quite honestly, I am furious at the bank's intransigence, but would very much like to receive any advice as to how to proceed. 

Once again, many thanks. 


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it would be helpful if you could start telling us more about the loans – dates, repayments et cetera.


It might also be helpful if you started reading up a bit about the right of appropriation and producing a letter of appropriation.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

dla is to live on not for paying loans off

Barclays should be helping not making the situation worse.


yep tell us about the loan

and how have you been communicating to date?

not by phone I hope!

writing only.


my thoughts are to send them our prorate letter and let them suck on that.



please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.



Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Gd,


No more contact by phone at all - keep everything in writing only.


Supply details about the current loan as already requested.


I suggest YP maintains repayments on the loan until we've had a chance to properly review the case and consider your reply to our Q's.



We could do with some help from you

                                                                PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING



                                            Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group


Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.


Thanks !:-)

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...