Acenden/SPPL/HOW TO CHALLENGE LEGALLY

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1843 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear all,

I am new to this forum. I am wondering if you can help me Please. 

We took a loan of £32000 and we pledged the property for that with SSPL. 

After paying every month, £263, since 2007 when I called them they said the outstanding remaining is nearly £29000. 

And all the payments that we have paid since 2017 are being taken to cover JUST interest costs. 

Roughly we have paid

£263 X 12 months a year X 11 yaers=£34716 

( all the above calculations are approximate figures) and on top of that, we have paid so much on charges, fees, missed direct debit fees, and at one point court fees ( and we settled that without going to court).

At that time we took the loan it was arranged through a broker as we had financial difficulty and my husbands business was not at all doing well. 

Could anyone please help me as I feel that its really not fair terms and conditions. And now they say to close the account I need to pay nearly £29000. I am really worried and they say the term left on the mortgage is 17 years still remaining and if I continue to pay this amount for another 17 years then I kind of will end up paying nearly £100, 000 for a loan amount of £32000. I am not sure if someone also experienced similar issues. I will be grateful if someone could shed some light on this issue, please.

Many thanks in advance.

quite usual sadly for this lot.

have you all the statements?

if not send them an sar and get them.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Many Thanks for your reply. I have got most of the documents. But still, as suggested I will apply to get the information they hold using SAR form.

Once I get the documents could you / anyone guide what could be done, please. Many thanks 

I am going this route too. Time to set the record straight! Escaped having my home repossessed in 2012. Sold it bought a smaller home outright using the equity. Acenden piled on huge "insurance" fees that I knew nothing about and which the court judge commented on. I have done nothing since as the fight for my home was so toxic and exhausting. The staff are total snakes  benefiting from repossessing peoples homes.

I will write a SAR letter and see what they bring back to me. 

I note from reading the forum, that best course of action is to forget the FCA and Ombudsman and go straight to small claims court. Good luck to you!