BankFodder BankFodder

Djmarkydee1981

EE handset Cifas fraud marker

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 333 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi looking for some help.

I have worked for an agency for 5 years and have been offered a contract with the company I have been on assignment with.

As part of the pre employment checks they have informed they cannot continue with the offer of employment as I have a cifas marker.

7 days of worry no idea what this was to find that EE have slapped a cat 6 fraud marker under evasion of payment.

I did in 2015 take out a contract phone with them on the understanding that it was pay nothing up front then 18 quid a month. Sounds good but on day it arrived they demanded 150 pound up front before I can use it. Nowhere on anything I received stated this.

Poor judgment on my part but I took the huff and never payed the amount t required. I also never returned the handset. I never heard from them again and forgot all about it until now.

Anyone please advise me how I can remove this. I really don't understand how this is fraud. Is it fraud? I've checked my application and all details provided were correct.

I'm totally at a loss and over the head of a 150 pounds I'm now potentially loosing out on 26 grand a year job because of this.

Any help advice appreciated.

Thanks 

Mark

so having rejected their contract did you retunr the phone? If not what happened to it?

the answer you give may well help determine whetehr there was just a simple breach of contract by not paying the argeed sums, a brach of contract by them and they owe you a small fortune for placing a false marker that has cost you a job or whether they have grounds for suspecting you never intended to pay for the phone, which is clearly their current position.