Lowell Claimform - old 118118 PDL Subject to IRL Complaint Still With FOS ***Claim Discontinued***

eoghan
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 878 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Had the call with the Judge and the other side. Didn't go well. Judge is happy for the directions to be heard at a trial and will be making the order as such. He basically advised me based on the pack and witness statement from Lowells that I should seriously consider trying to enter a payment term before going to trial as if I lose then it'll be a CCJ etc etc.

So I think based on that I should ask for a Tomlin Order as per my above post.

Any thoughts?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

another update:

118118 challenging the FOS decision.

Dear XXXX

Your complaint about  Madison CF UK Limited  trading as 118 118 Money

I sent you and Madison CF UK Limited my view of this complaint on 1 September 2021.

An ombudsman will review this complaint

Because Madison CF UK Limited didn’t agree, an ombudsman will review the complaint and make a decision. That means:

• An ombudsman will look at everything that’s been provided and make an independent decision. They’ll put the decision in writing to both you and Madison CF UK Limited, and explain their reasoning within the decision.
  • If the ombudsman’s conclusions are different from mine, they will explain why and let you reply before they give you their decision. Otherwise, they won’t usually get in touch before issuing their decision unless they need more information.
  • The ombudsman’s final decision will be binding on both you and Madison CF UK Limited if you accept it before the deadline they give you. So if the ombudsman tells the business to do something – and you accept the decision – the business will have to do it.
  • We publish final decisions by our ombudsmen on our website. But your name won’t appear in the published decision – so you can’t be identified.

We should already have all the information the ombudsman needs to reach a decision. But if we need anything more from you, we’ll let you know.

What you need to do now

If you have any further points or information you’d like the ombudsman to consider, please send these to me by 21 October 2021.

If you need more time to reply, please let me know before this date. If I don’t hear from you, I will assume you do not want to add anything.

We will keep you up to date with our progress – but please get in touch if you have any questions.

What's the likelihood of FOS changing the decision?

its happened

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

Um, so i wrote to Overdales explaining my situation regarding being out of work and my mental health and very little prospect of being able to pay back the loan and I guess combined with the FOS complaint they have discontinued the claim.

Letter received with a Notice of Discontinuance.

That I guess is what you call a win. Thanks again for all your hep and assistance. I'm learning albeit slowly.

Hey you won.. 

Splendid news.

Please consider a small donation to keep us here.. 

Dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Well done topic title updated

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• AndyOrch changed the title to Lowell Claimform - old 118118 PDL Subject to IRL Complaint Still With FOS ***Claim Discontinued***

Have they stated they will update and remove  the default....?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

No the letter just says:

Our client has instructed us to discontinue this claim and therefore we enclose a copy of the Notice of Discontinuance by way of service upon you. We have filed the same at Court and requested that any hearing that may have been listed as vacated.

We confirm this brings the legal proceedings to an end.

The balance on the side of the letter reads as £0.00

No mention on the N279.

Then it wont be removed.....court claims and default markers have no connection...the marker remains until its 6 year anniversary. 

:yo: tnx the donation

and they

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

There's been an update to this case.

FOS filed on my behalf and instructed 118118 that they did miss sell and that I needed to be brought back to where I was at the time I took out the loan.

Today I have received a letter from Lowell:

Your account balance has been reduced.

118 118 Money have contacted us and informed us that the balance on your account should be reduced. 118 118 Money have made us a ware that you raised a complaint with them directly and they have requested that we adjust the balance to £1140.91.

Based on the information provided, we are reducing your balance by £1728.88 to £1140.91.

Next steps.

I've placed your account on hold for 30 days. This is to allow you time to review the information. If you have any questions  etc etc.

If they dropped the court case as per the above, how likely are they going to now try again and chase this? And what to do if they do?

Just because the claim was discontinued does not stop collection activity....whether you react or respond is your choice.

Staff xmas party needs its drinks bill paying by mugs that give them free money they never owed in the 1st place

and they