Junk Mail

YV01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6334 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've heard a couple of articles on the radio recently relating to the amount of junk mail people receive. Apparently there is a website you can go on to and register your name, which will take you off mailing lists. Does anyone know what it is? I think it might be MPS (Mailing Preference Service) but not 100% sure. Cheers.

27th October: Data Protection Act 1998 Subject Access Request

8th November: Letter received from HSBC - Statements to follow

9th November: Bank statements arrive

12th January: Preliminary Approach for Repayment

22nd January: Letter received from HSBC - they will be looking into matters raised

30th January: Letter Before Action sent

24th February: Letter received from HSBC (dated 6th February) offering £240

28th February: Claim issued via Money Claim Online for £326.28 (including 8% interest)

1st March: Letter to HSBC declining offer

5th March: Notice that Acknowledgement of Service has been filed

29th March: Notice of Transfer of Proceedings

25th April: Notice of Allocation to the Small Claims Track

15th June: Court Bundle sent to Court

25th June: Offer received from DG Sols.

Also, to stop the unaddressed junk mail delivered by your postman via Royal Mail's own junk mail delivery service.

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/content1?catId=400126&mediaId=500081

My junk mail is now down 99% on what it was and has been for the last month!

MBNA - Agreed to refund £970 in full without conditions. Cheque received Sat 5th Aug.:D

Lloyds - Settled for an undisclosed sum.:D

Also, to stop the unaddressed junk mail delivered by your postman via Royal Mail's own junk mail delivery service.

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/content1?catId=400126&mediaId=500081

My junk mail is now down 99% on what it was and has been for the last month!

Wow I didn't know about that one; however one important consideration: if your council uses Royal Mail to deliver information leaflets to your door, you won't get those any more... Which obviously could be an issue. I don't think our council do...

Wow I didn't know about that one; however one important consideration: if your council uses Royal Mail to deliver information leaflets to your door, you won't get those any more... Which obviously could be an issue. I don't think our council do...

Not true! This is actually a scare story perpetrated by RM to stop people opting out. I spoke with my local SO and said the postmen use common sense, they know what is 'junk' unaddressed mail and those official ones that the council or government distribute. The latter gets through no problem!

Don't believe what the Royal Mail try and tell you. It's all aimed at pursuading you to remain with the service because after all, it is the Royal Mail's highest source of revenue, irrespective of whether you actually want any of it or not. Don't forget also that the postal workers latest pay agreement removed the limit of delivering three items of junk mail per week. They can now be asked to deliver any amount.

RM have made it as difficult as possible to opt out, and don't encourage anyone to tell you about it. A postal worker in Barry (South Wales) was sacked for advising people on his round about the option, although he has now been reinstated to other duties. But if you ignore all the dire threats and disinformation it is well worthwhile doing.

MBNA - Agreed to refund £970 in full without conditions. Cheque received Sat 5th Aug.:D

Lloyds - Settled for an undisclosed sum.:D