Fake TFL 16 + oyster card

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1728 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I signed up for a fake oyster card and have recently been caught with it and i am currently being investigated. (just sent email replying to letter).

I used my friends address to deliver the oyster,

he has a fake 16+ oyster that was sent to that his address.

He currently hasn't been caught with it, will my investigation look into the address and find the other oyster that are linked to the address, resulting him in the same situation? 

or do they require the card for that information. 

thank you 

hopefully so

you and he  have purposefully defrauded TFL.

no sympathy...sorry.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ok, I have used it for a few months I have given my mitigating circumstances(financial issues, Affecting future prospects,a student, also dependencies. 

Also accepted offence 

is there any hope for OOC as this is my first letter received from tfl

Hi.

When you say you have accepted the defence, do you mean you've pleaded guilty or that you haven't tried to say you didn't do this please?

There's always a chance of agreeing to settle OOC, but we can't second guess what TfL will do and there's no silver bullet for this one. All you can di is to keep trying to negotiate. We have other threads on the same issue that you can read to see how other people have dealt with this. Some of them have posted the outcome of their cases.

From what I've seen here, TfL are taking a hard line on fake cards and given the number of cases we see, which is likely to be only part of what's going on, TfL has a big problem with loss of revenue from this dishonest behaviour.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

As in the letter they sent me i had two options deny the offence or accept, i accepted it.

I completely admitted the actions, did not hide anything i did, and apologised. I am hoping for a formal warning, if that is possible, or even a large fine settlement

Edited by hiddenhx

On ‎28‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 21:26, hiddenhx said:

I signed up for a fake oyster card and have recently been caught with it and i am currently being investigated. (just sent email replying to letter).

I used my friends address to deliver the oyster,

he has a fake 16+ oyster that was sent to that his address.

He currently hasn't been caught with it, will my investigation look into the address and find the other oyster that are linked to the address, resulting him in the same situation? 

or do they require the card for that information. 

thank you 

Hi, their investigation is in to your circumstances not your friend’s. Where it is possible the address would flag up if you’ve mentioned your friend, unless TfL have his card, there’s no real evidence to suggest any wrongdoing on anybody else’s  part.

This has obviously got to the stage whereby they’re considering a court summons, so I’m assuming you were thoroughly investigated and questioned under caution?

The compensation here may be taken in to account on a day by day, journey by journey basis, assuming you were questioned on individual journeys.

Otherwise I’d imagine they’d be seeking to get the cost of the full priced travel card out of you.

This will prove costly either way, as you’ve made it necessary for TfL to pile loads of time, money and resources in to this case no doubt,

so don’t be surprised IF they consider a settlement, for it to be a hefty amount

(don’t want to pluck a figure out of thin air, but to be, it sounds likely it’ll be a four figure sum?).

TfL historically take a hardline one Oyster misuse, so I wouldn’t like to guess your chances of appealing to their kinder side.

i really dont mind paying a four figure amount, i recently just got a grad job and this will ruin it all, i just hope they will consider a settlement

i provided alot of mitigating circumstances, which are true, so they should consider ooc i hope

Edited by hiddenhx

Hey,

Just a quick question to maybe provide some further advise to you. 

Were you caught by an inspector in person or did your Oyster card stop working randomly then you were sent a letter?

On 29/03/2019 at 09:52, hiddenhx said:

i really dont mind paying a four figure amount, i recently just got a grad job and this will ruin it all, i just hope they will consider a settlement

i provided alot of mitigating circumstances, which are true, so they should consider ooc i hope

Oh right. Abit of an annoying situation. How did you receive the letter then was it to your friends address? Also did you use your real name and real picture etc or did you use a different one? 

I am curious to know, how long have you had this oyster for? Before 2019 or after?

Also never use these ZIP cards again. 

No was just curious as if you had the card delivered to your friends address but then you have the inspector your address it can look a little fishy. 

And I’m regards to when you got your oyster, just thinking that it was recent? Just to see the process they are taking as they are taking different processes for different people 

yeah it could look fishy, but i already accepted the offence so if they have further questions ill tell them, but i didn't disclose that it was delivered to that address.

i got my oyster last year, dont know if things changed now.

Edited by hiddenhx

• 3 months later...

Hi i have recieved a court data and i have been charged with " Contrary to Bylaw 17(1) of the Transport for London Railway Byelaws Made under paragraph 26 of Schedule 11 to the Greater London Authority Act 1999 and confirmed under section 67 of the Transport Act 1962."

- 17(1) is " Did not enter a compulsory tick area without having with him a valid ticket"

does that mean i am not being charged under fraud^

Can i also confirm that there is a possibility that a record may not be entered if i provide sufficient mitigating circumstances before the judge?

Thanks

you never were.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Also regarding the record, can my sufficient evidence for mitigating circumstances sway the judge not to enter a record and just ask me to pay just a fine?

Is that a possibility? ^ (if OOC doesn't work)

it is very rare but has happened .

I would assume bar the time you were 'caught' the other XX? times are all TIC?

and they

you have used the card for months before being caught.

is there not a complete list?

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to Fake TFL 16 + oyster card

which are TIC and require you to sign each one.

although this is a success ..NOT a fake card usage onet [as no-one here has ever BOTHERED to tell us their FAKE card use outcome!!]

it will help you to read , understand and respond.

and they