• Tweets

• Hi   As you are a Director of the Small Company have a wee look at this link: https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en/articles/dividing-business-interests-on-divorce-or-dissolution
    • as the card is still owed by the OC, and as you've seen, they usually are able to comply, then its enforceable. so no don't cease payment.   however get an SAR running.
    • HRT process for returning British citizens can be quick, if they show evidence of now being resident in the UK and working or looking for work. So important to take all documents to Job Centre appointment confirming ID, residency at an address, evidence of work or looking for work e.g. Job applications.   if enough evidence is provided a decision can be made in a few days. And once entitlement is confirmed, then your Son can apply for an advance payment.   Under Universal Credit, once the claim is up and running, then first normal payment made after 5 weeks from start date. Work search appointments regularity can depend on Job Centre and how busy they are. Some people have appointments every fortnight and others once a month approx.  The important thing is complying with commitment and not missing appointments to avoid sanction. It is people who fail to attend work search and other mandatory appointments or fail to show sufficient evidence of looking for work, who can end up with a sanction.
    • Thanks dx100uk - response to relevant questions provided below. I will provide photos of signage at entrance and further photos of marked bays at same location in separate response.   For a windscreen ticket (Notice To Driver) please answer the following questions....  I received a Parking Charge Notice (SIP)   1 The date of infringement? 11/05/2019 @ 16:01   2 Have you yet appealed to the parking company yet? No   if you have then please post up whatever you sent and how you sent it and the date you sent it, suitably redacted. [as a PDF- follow the upload guide  N/A   has there been a response? N/A please post it up as well, suitably redacted. [as a PDF- follow the upload guide]   If you haven't appealed yet - ,.........   have you received a Notice To Keeper? (NTK) [must be received by you between 29-56 days] Not yet as only 12 days since alleged infringement what date is on it Did the NTK provide photographic evidence? N/A yet   3 Did the NTK mention Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 (PoFA) [Y/N? ]N/A yet   4 If you appealed after receiving the NTK, did the parking company give you any information regarding the further appeals process? N/A yet [it is well known that parking companies will reject any appeal whatever the circumstances]   5 Who is the parking company? Simple Intelligent Parking (SIP)   6. where exactly [Carpark name and town] did you park? Harding Street, Manchester
    • wasn't always that way changed with the spc rules of 2016. also, staple a copy of the cabot no cca letter to the courts copy. dx
  • Our picks

• Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 3 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
    • The FSA has announced large fines against DB UK Bank Limited (trading as DB Mortgages) - DeutscheBank and also against Redstone for their unfair treatment of their customers.
      Please see the links below for summaries and full details from the FSA website.
      It is now completely clear that any arrears charges which exceed actual administrative costs are unfair and therefore unlawful.
      Furthemore, irresponsible lending practices are also unfair and unlawful.
      Additionally there are other unfair practices including unarranged counsellor visits - even if they have been attempted.
      You are entitled to refuse counsellor visits and not incur any charges.
      Any charges for counsellor visits must not seek to make profits. The cost of the visits must be passed on to you at cost price.
      We are hearing stories of people being charged for counsellor visits for which there is no evidence that they were even attempted.
      It is clear that some mortgage lenders are trying to cheat you out of your money.
      You should ascertain how much has been taken from you and claim it back. The chances of winning are better than 90%. It is highly likely that the lender will attempt to avoid court action and offer you back your money.
      However, you should ensure that you receive a proper rate of interest and this means that you should be seeking at least restitutionary damages - which would be much higher than the statutory 8%.
      Furthermore, you should assess whether the paying of demands for unlawful excessive charges has also out you further into arrears and if this has caused you further penalties in terms of extra interest or any other prejudice. This should be claimed as well.
      If excessive unlawful charges have resulted in your credit file being affected, then you should take this into account also when working out exactly what you want by way of remedy from the lender.
      You should consult others on these forums when considering any offer.
      You must not make any complaint through the Ombudsman. your time will be wasted, you will wait up to 2 yrs and there will be a minimal 8% award of interest and no account will be taken of any other damage you have suffered.
      You must make your complaint through the County Court for a rapid and effective remedy.

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Library/Communication/PR/2010/120.shtml
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/redstone.pdf
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/db_uk.pdf

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/consumerinformation/firmnews/2011/db_mortgages.shtml
      Do you have a mortage arears claim to make? Then post your story on the forum here
      • 0 replies

Unfollowing thread...subscription removed

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

1 hour ago, Andyorch said:

Unfollowing thread...subscription removed

I actually deleted that post as I know I was over the mark. 

You banned the one person who actually has the answers so now the rest of us are screwed.

I have not banned anyone connected to the UAE threads.....those who have been moderated should of followed the forum rules and posted with courtesy to the Site Team.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Andy you don’t know the meaning of the word courtesy.

I have apologised for my outburst but you continue to be rude and you are supposed to be part of the site team.

Where is all of this arguing getting anyone getting anywhere.

Please can can we get back to.helping 

Helping each other .

• Like 1

I have been reading this with interest, I have recently had a letter through and want to know where this is going. Concernedexpat09 what is the next step?

Did hornsey62 and squaddy lose their cases?

Lost the jurisdiction 

Had to submit a defense 

awaiting new court date 

Am confused as to the jurisdiction part? I don't get how it can even be heard when its different t's and c's to uk and not regulated.

that's nto the point..

its if the judge feels it can be ..nothing to do with any t&c's in all real  truth.

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

Judge felt it would be better for me to have it heard here, instead of the UAE 

and the barrister was more convincing than me 

Oh dear, that’s what I feared. Need to find a solicitor.

no you dont

dx

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

If I had spare money I’d get a solicitor or barrister 

waste of money.

if you feel you need a solicitor then go pay the debt instead..alot simpler...

dx

How is it a waste of money if people are losing against these cwd people? 

2 minutes ago, womble666 said:

How is it a waste of money if people are losing against these cwd people? 

Because if you debt is more than £5k spending that on a Solicitor will be better value.

unfortunately Womble the team here have no clue in these cases. 

It’s £1000 approx for a barrister - if you can get one to do it as there aren’t many experts out there 

if I had spare cash I’d pay. I don’t so I’ll try myself as I dont have much choice really.

I just need to find one, any recommendations?

people are not losing against these people..

stop jumping to conclusions...

the issue is,

as has been explained here several times,

is simply that they have [to our knowledge on CAG]

3 cases, that could ALL be down to whom the judges knows, plays golf with or drinks with, that they are prepared to hear in their court concerning UAE debts.

they have made NO comment, nor can they, upon the way the cases will actually pan out when a proper defence is filed.

we have 3 defences filed

none of which are here

because one person appeared on CAG shouting the odds the that nothing should be in the open.

now that person has done what they wanted to do and that driven away the one person that could help.

because people have become SO blinded.

sadly that's the tactics these money powerful UAE people employ.

get everything in the open

then people that aren't members but help behind the scenes can see it

and help quash them dead

as it is ...there is nothing to go on.

Why would I publicly publish my defence for those who have filed to clearly see here and prepare their counter action? 

Exactly the same as they must file their witness statement to you in advance..

its an old wives tale that giving them the heads up somehow lets them counter what you are saying in your defence.

they see it anyway a few days before the court sends it to them!!

is utterly stupid to hide it.

Well I’d like to see it, but I respect the decision not to publicly upload something that someone could prepare better by seeing it. 

Good luck with the outcome. Perhaps it could be shared securely post judgement?

I don’t know any sorry

the claimants get your defence 2 mins after you file it on mcol.

it being posted here a few days in advance hurts no-one.

old wives tales.

if people dont want to post their defence

simply because of some hijacker that came here

and changed everything we've done to date on CAG.

thats their problem sadly.

hide everything..cag cant help.

dx

Please fill in your quit date here