BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 306 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all,

I have a fine from may 2018 from HMCTS, we got all the feeds ect. And agreed to pay monthly instalments to them, which we have receipts for.

Missed one payment in November and occurred admin and late payment fees (which we paid) and then along with January and February leaving March as the last payment (75 remaining).

To them come home to find a bailiff letter taking the fee to 370 as apparently it was passed to them in November (they say they have sent a letter but when asked for proof said they couldn't provide the company is marstons).

I contacted the bailiff and offered monthly payments, he then refused.

I am also a sufferer from severe mental health which I've provided to the bailiff over WhatsApp (so I've documented proof)

martsons advised me to do this.

he ignored this and just said "370 on Friday tar"

I've spoken to marstons on 4 other occasions with them notifying me that they will contact the bailiff and ask him call the office (on all 4 occasions over 3 days)

spoke to a lovely lady today who said nothing from him and she will contact his manager to ring the office and call back in a hour.

Which I did to then be greeted with I need speak bailiff and there's no notes or anything suggesting they promised contact the bailiff and leave voicemails or his manager.

I asked for the calls to be listened into and he said he would try and then call me back.

I'm at my wits end as I can't afford it in full with my reduce hours, now at work and me having time off due to mental health.

I have document proof to the bailiff me offering payment plans ect.

Marstons just keep saying its nothing to do with them and they cant do anything.

Im not refusing to pay (even though i feel its wrong having already paid the fine nearly off including late payment fees and to not be notifiedd it went back to them in november) HELP!!

retitled, spaced and moved to main bailiff forum/

dx

16 hours ago, Shak92 said:

Hi all,

I have a fine from may 2018 from HMCTS, we got all the feeds ect. And agreed to pay monthly instalments to them, which we have receipts for.

Missed one payment in November and occurred admin and late payment fees (which we paid) and then along with January and February leaving March as the last payment (75 remaining).

To them come home to find a bailiff letter taking the fee to 370 as apparently it was passed to them in November (they say they have sent a letter but when asked for proof said they couldn't provide the company is marstons).

I contacted the bailiff and offered monthly payments, he then refused.

I am also a sufferer from severe mental health which I've provided to the bailiff over WhatsApp (so I've documented proof)

martsons advised me to do this.

I am having difficulty trying to understand your post. From my reading of your question, it would seem that you had a court fine and that the COURT allowed you to repay the debt in monthly instalments. Unfortunately, you defaulted (in November). I am confused by what happened after this.

You mention that you then incurred admin and late payment fees and that you paid these charges. Where these charges applied by the court? If so, how much were they? 

I am assuming from your post that you continued making payments to the court and that the final payment of £75 was due to be paid in March but that you again defaulted.  After doing so, you received a visit from Marston's and that the amount now owed is £370.  You mention that apparently, the court had passed the case to them when you defaulted on your payment arrangement last November. 

You should have received correspondence from Marston's but almost certainly; you should have received correspondence from the court to advise you that your payments made to the court had been FORWARDED to Marston's. Did you receive any correspondence? If not, then you need to call the court and ask them to confirm what address they have recorded for you. 

Edited by Bailiff Advice