EasyJet - CEDR or Court?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1850 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Quick question.

My 2 daughters had their flights cancelled a few years ago, I tried to claim but was fobbed off by Easyjet that the flight was cancelled due to 'technical issues with the aircraft' and as this was down to extraordinary circumstances I could not claim. I also received a different response from another advisor stating this was due to Air Traffic Control restrictions due to thunderstorms and we appreciate blah blah blah.

Recently I was advised I should not give up so have tried again, this time I have had a number of emails back from them from different people, stating Weather on one & Lightning strike on another.

I responded stating I would give them 14 days to respond and that it is their responsibility to provide me with the required information to prove the circumstances for the delay, otherwise I will pursue this through legal channels.  They completely ignored my request and responded stating weather conditions and this does not allow me to claim and the case is now closed and they will not respond to any further correspondence relating to this case and I have the right to escalate to CEDR at a cost.

I'm sure I'm not the first and will certainly not be the last with this problem as it appears they respond with anything to put you off

So my question is, has anyone used CEDR and are they supportive or should I just raise a small claim in the courts?

Thanks

You say escalate to CEDR at a cost ?  Is there a fee ?

Alternatively....

You can report your issue to the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) if the airline doesn’t give you what you’re entitled to.

Andy

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/holiday-cancellations-and-compensation/if-your-flights-delayed-or-cancelled/

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

4 minutes ago, Andyorch said:

You say escalate to CEDR at a cost ?  Is there a fee ?

Alternatively....

You can report your issue to the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) if the airline doesn’t give you what you’re entitled to.

Andy

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/holiday-cancellations-and-compensation/if-your-flights-delayed-or-cancelled/

Hi,

CEDR charge £25 per case only if the claim is not upheld by them, if they uphold there is no fee.  Tried CAA using the online complaint form but just before the end of the complaint it said it can't deal with it because EasyJet is based in another European country!

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread