Q: debt nearing statute bar age, how to notify creditor of change of address without resetting clock

Not random
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1851 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have an old debt that is nearly 6 years since my last payment or contact. The account was at my parents address. They recently moved house so I don’t get the mail regarding this account anymore. 

I’d like to inform the creditor of my new address (overseas) because I’m aware there is a risk they might go for a last minute CCJ. 

Is there any particular way for me to go about doing this that will not “reset the clock” on the statute bar?

Edited by Not random

Send them a simple letter with your account number and name notifying them of your new address. It won't rest the SB clock

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Well that’s quite straight forward then. 

I was under the impression that the criteria for a debt becoming statute barred was six years since last payment provided the debtor has not acknowledged the debt by either a payment or by corresponding with the creditor?

Acknowledgement = A payment or a signed letter saying that you owe the money.

• Thanks 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread