Call recording apps blocked by google?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1857 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, following an update yesterday on my android i found that the automatic call recording app i was using (cube acr) stopped recording the other party voice.

Quick online search and found that it's Google interpretation of European legislation. 

They don't want the consumer to be able to record companies talking rubbish and making false promises.

I tried another dozen apps and got the same result.

Where do we go from here?

Back to the dictaphone in the pocket,  ready to record incriminating claims from dodgy companies?

Or is there a solution someone has already worked out?

I don't have any problem with https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appstar.callrecorder&hl=en  which is the one which I referred to in the customer services guide.

I know that Google have suddenly become funny and now the court record simply says "incoming caller" rather than the identity of the person you are speaking with if it's in your contacts.

Other than that, it works perfectly well – as normal

I don't know I have a Samsung S9 which has had all the updates available.

Have you tried the call recorder which I referred to in an earlier post?

Yes, no voice recording from other side, only my voice, even if i use the loudspeaker.

I took suggestions from the net and disabled all other apps using microphone including "hello Google" but nothing changed.

Not only they don't pay tax, they want to help squashing the consumer (taxpayer).

If a “conference call” method isn’t available for Android Get yourself an iPhone (provided your network allows native conference calling)

I use “tape-a-call” ; high quality recordings without using the phone’s speaker (or a separate recorder with a microphone).

I paid a one-off fee to upgrade from the free “Lite” version to the fully featured one.

• Like 1

Thank you. Please can you link us to that

Google is your friend (well, sometimes not, from the title and contents of this thread ......!), but googling gives me:

https://www.tapeacall.com/

it shows the iPhone version when I look (but from an iPhone, I don’t know if it shows an android version from an android phone).

they certainly used to talk about an android version:

https://blog.tapeacall.com/record-audio-calls-iphone-android/

Edited by BazzaS
  • Thanks 1

Up to you, depends how much you want to record calls.

You’ve posted about a problem, I’ve tried to suggest an Android solution.

if TapeACall don’t support android anymore:

a) find an android equivalent (I can’t help with that, as I don’t have an Android phone with me)

b) find a different recording solution (Olympus TP8?),

c) change to a different Android release that still supports your current app, or

d) buy a second hand iPhone, as cheap a version as you can get to use TapeACall, stick a PAYG SIM in it, and use it as your “recording phone”.

“You pays your money, and takes your choice”.