• Tweets

• Thanks DX.  I've ploughed through the pages and dug out what I feel are the relevant ones. Obviously, some of these are duplicates of what I've put up before.  Anyway, I would be hugely grateful if someone can look over and advise. Reading though other posts and on other cases that I've had help with from here, I don't think they have much of a case - given the weakness of much of their "evidence" - but obviously I would be grateful for some expert advice from the helpful souls on here.    Thank you.    B   Witness Oct19_redacted.pdf
    • You came here for advice, soem advice has been given adn you question the validity and source of that advice. We are all lay peopele, ie not giving professional advice but it is based on experience of the world and in some cases working in the field that advice is given on. Now you dont have to take our advice, we wont get the huff if you prefer to look elsewhere or do something else. when I asked what you think they would do with your NI number it is to prod you to think for yourself and question why they would ask for this when there is nothing legal they can do with the information so wouild you be wnating to give it to them knowing that they would want it to break the law if they processed it. Now you can take that up with the company at the top but TBH unless you want to spend money on a lawyer they will not answer the question or fob you off with some ridiculous answer anyway.   so for the moment read a lot about  RLP and similar situations to yours ans make particular note of what happened to the peopel in the end. You will find no threads theat ended by saying " thanks to you I gor sued by RLP and owe them a fortune". It isnt going to happen and the reasons why are explained in many threads. They rely on your feeling of guilt to get anywhere
    • you need to respond to their letter saying that you belive that you ahve been paid correctly ( or underpaid if you are due a small amount of accrued holiday pay etc) and demand that they show a full account of what you received, when and why and how they arrived at this figure. You then reconcile that with your P45 and use the figures to bat off any furhter demands if they still akke one. Come back if they dotn drop the matter and give us the full breakdown on hours worked, hourly rate, gross pay, tax paid  etc
    • @dx100ukI never got a response to my SAR from Octopus.   But I have just received a 'letter before court action' from one of their legal representatives, who have been "instructed to consider legal action against [me] if full payment, a settlement or your proposals to make suitable repayments arrangements are not received in the next 30 days."   I'm reading the threads now. Any advice on how to proceed? 
    • I would say let them do their worst, it will surely backfire on them. Now with restrictive contracts that stop you working fro competitors- these are notoriously vague so often not worth the paper they are written on. also they have to be fair so for example if there are only 2 companies in the UK that make a certain product your employer cant say you arent allowed to work for the other one. If you were for example trained as a hairdersser and you were going to open a salon in the next street to your ex employer then the restriction would apply if worded correctly. Dont panic about this, your new employer will be au fait with the situation and time spent worrying about a nastly letter will in their eyes take you eye off the ball so concentrate on the new job.
  • Our picks

Papers from SAR shows shockingly very high charges from 2009 to 2013 within period I lost my job and was struggling financially, can I seek refund from OC?

Just after calling OC and asking for complaint procedure and address, I received letter stating small % of charges will be refunded but paid directly to Lowell?

What's your opinion guys?

• Like 1

no they cant do that.

and stop using the phone.

WRITING only

get a charges reclaim going

spreadsheet 

covering letter 

etc etc 

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

thanks, is there cover letter template on here for charges reclaim?

yes all here

get the CISHEET done first

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

spreadsheet done charges (ovd and interest) on 2 account from  2009 to 2013 almost 4k very high, please send me link for cover letter, etc..  

Is there any regulation I can cite to stop refund being sent to Lowell? 

The case law you can use is Edlington Properties -v JH Fenner.

Where a debt/account has been Assigned, the seller has no right to appropriate your money to the third party.(Carboot)

You need to write and tell the original creditor this and if they refuse to refund all of the money to you then you are able to issue proceedings in court to force them to refund this money to you.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Many thanks Andy

you cant include interest 'in' the spreadsheet

in other words you can only inc OD charges in the listing.

but enter their AVG APR in cell d15

chaRGES RECLAI LETTER.pdf

spreadsheets 

Hi dx

thanks

but it does seems this reclaim letter applies to Ovd charges (mine is daily ovd charges/fees for planned and unplanned, some for about 6 months of charges are interest debited because it's high interest reward current acc.

said template seems to be for Credit card late fees and over limit charges.. right?

maybe BCOBS suits my case better?

Im not sure its a good idea to clutter your thread with discussions of claiming charges back which have no connection to this thread or court claim.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Andy

I think It's connected, same bank account DCA is suing for, have so many excessive charges, I saw that after a received all my statements following SAR. 

Hi Andy

I think It's connected, same bank account DCA is suing for, have so many excessive charges, I saw that after a received all my statements following SAR

new thread for charges reclaiming created.what is ovd?

can you attach your cisheet please

spreadsheets 

not sure what that is

you should using the CISHEET

put their avg APR in cell d15

spreadsheets 

Hi DX

I'm unsure if APR applies on this, OC was charging Ovd fees not interest like Credit Card. What I'm think is to include 8% interest on reclaim total for refund I'm seeking?

APR applies to Credit Card and some other charges I think ....Please clarify if you think otherwise.

no OD's have an int rate.

spreadsheets 

update guys,

I sent letter to HBOS seeking refunds of charges, instead of replying they sent email requesting telephone discussion regarding said letter. Has anyone experience this and generally what do you reckon guys? 

I saw missed call and I'm yet to call back.

and you dont

their questions are always loaded in their favour

writing ONLY!!

spreadsheets 

Hello guys,

To raise small claims action against HBOS who knows the exact address to use, I wrote to office in Leeds? I got a reply from their office in Cardiff. 

I just want to be very sure??

head office

spreadsheets 

update: I've given hbos further 2 weeks (final notice) and still no reply yet. I only got unexpected call from her manager arguing that I can't claim more than 6 years refund bla bla...my only response was to demand written reply.

re six years limit:

firstly, I think the fact they transferred debt to DCA and are still chasing me for full balance it means I can reclaim everything they owe since account was opened.

secondly, I only found out details of all excessive bank charges after they responded to my SAR, previously letter of appropriation and letter requesting freezing of interest and accept offer of a taken were ignored by hbos.

Guys, what do you think please? I want to start now to prepare for statement of claim.