No fault accident. TP insurer admit liability. Strange?

maciekj90
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1804 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

About a week ago the TP drove into the back of my car as I was slowing down before the roundabout. The driver was very aggressive and tired to blame me for "testing brakes".

Basic details exchanged name, phone, reg, and insurance company name.

However the TP  gave me not his insurance company name but financial company name who pays for his insurance, so I didn't know his insurers name.

2 days ago I received the call from Vehicle Replacement Group who says is acting on behalf on Zenith who is TP insurer. They take full liability for the accident and offer to repair my car and to pass my details to TP insurer to get injury compensation. I asked for time to consider, took their contact details and reference and they will ask TP insurance company to contact me.

Today I had the phone call from Markerstudy who said they are TP insurer they've been informed by VR Group that I wish to get injury compensation sorted directly with them. So they offer to assist.

They asked if I have already appointed solicitors when I have confirmed, they said in this case they not allowed to deal with me directly and they will need confirmation that I have cancelled my instructions to solicitors.

Now my question is, if its all legitimate? Its all sounds too easy to me. 

Should I take their offer or go through solicitor?

Can I just get two estimates from car repairs and asked them to pay on this basis?

Fixing the car right now is not my best option as I will be driving to continent in few days and the damage is not big, car is still drivable. I don't want to be left with a replacement car that I can't take abroad.

Any advise, experience, please share it with me.

• 3 weeks later...

dont talk to them directly but go through your insurer.

Markerstudy are not insurers but brokers.

Injury compensation? were you really injured. if so you should have reported accident to police and await  their decision on whether a prosecution was likely (not likely but the TP's failure to give specific detaisl would get them a letter demanding they produce).

I think that all of the people contacting you are on the make so dont engage with them, your insurer will knwo who the actual underwriters are and deal with them regarding the damage.

If they’ve admitted liability, then fine. Nothing unusual, their car drove into the back of yours. 

Re injury compensation the decision is yours. If you use one of Markerstudy’s solicitors they may get a little kickback for the referral. If you already have a solicitor instructed it seems a bit of a hassle to cancel and go to markerstudy.