PIP Monthly Award Question?

jazztheman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1859 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My wife who is disabled is currently receiving PIP she receives the two parts both at the high rate.  Her award is £145.35 per week, however the payment that is paid into her account monthly is £581.40. Doing a quick calculation £145.35 x 52 (weeks per year) = £7558.20 per year, divide by 12 for the monthly payment and the payment is £629.85 per month.

Am I missing something in my calculation for the differences in the monthly amount? 

So far as I am aware, PIP is always paid every 4 weeks and I've never before heard of anyone being paid monthly. For example, I am always paid every 4th Thursday, so is your wife being paid on, for example, the first of every month rather than on a specific day?

If your wife is only being paid monthly then she or you need to contact DWP to query it.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

5 hours ago, anmarj said:

If paid four weekly, over the course of the year, you get 13 payments, with one month you get two payments. 13 x 4 = 52

That maybe the answer?  I will have to check back on previous payments. Any idea which month of the year is the usual month for two payments?

It will vary, depending on when your payments are, there is no set period. Payments are every 28 days as opposed to calendar monthly, which is what confuses people, as over the course of the year, the day it is paid will change. If you divide the four weekly payments by four you get the weekly payment of her entitlement. 

Some pension companies or employers often pay four weekly so it isn’t nothing new