Lloyds banking group Home insurance and BVS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1857 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Anyone got any experience of the company Building Validation Solutions? they are a loss adjustment firm used by Lloyds

I had a leak coming in to my lounge ceiling after the storm on Saturday - initially we thought its a plumbing leak and called out a british gas tradesman who came out the very next day and confirmed its a roof leak from under the eaves cupboards in the bedroom above the lounge 

Right outside the eaves cupboard was a storage unit which when the tradesman moved to get access to the eaves cupboard, he saw moss and damage to carpet underneath the unit

Anyway, Tuesday BVS came out to inspect property on behalf of LBIS

The BVS guy came up with a load of bullshit about how the roof damage was not a one off storm damage and water ingress had been coming in for many years now blah blah and how insurance wont cover the roof or the damage to my carpet or ceiling in lounge inspite of having accidental cover damage

How would we know there is water coming in to the eaves cupboard if we don't ever use it? again, the stained carpets under the unit outside the eaves cupboard, how can we know theres water damage below it unless it needed moving which it didn't until the british gas guy came out?

The only way we knew water was ingressing in to the eaves cupboard was when the leak came in to lounge ceiling

BVS guy seemed to put words in to my mouth and claim things I hadn't said

Whats the best way to approach this please?

Your policy will carry conditions with regard to both the care & maintenance of the property.

Also, you will need to show this claim was both sudden & unforeseen – your home insurance policy is not designed or premium rated to pick up a poorly maintained home or general maintenance issues or claims...

If you feel that your claim is fully justified, you can always make an official complaint via their Complaints process.

Good luck.