Parcel2Go - refuse to compensate for lost laptop

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1854 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Plenty of threads here to see what others did to get their attention...in particular

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thankyou very much Andy for your help.  The problem is parcel2go insist they have delivered a laptop and argos say they haven't received it. parcel2go want argos to prove they haven't received it, but parcel2go won't prove they have delivered it. I am nearly £500.00 out of pocket, with argos and parcel2go blaming each other. What shall I do please

Have Parcel2go provided any proof of delivery?

How can anyone prove an item *Wasn’t* delivered?.

what a nonsense. If you / Argos are saying you believe it wasn’t delivered, it would be for Parcel2go to prove it had been!

Please monitor this straight for a fuller reply later.

But the short answer to your question is... Yes, extremely likely.

I'm on a mobile phone at the moment so it is very difficult replying. However I have to say that the images you are posting are not very clear and it would be helpful if you would take more care to present your images well photographed and straight without Shadows on them. Frankly you really should be scanning them in pdf format.

I noticed somewhere that there was a standard letter for Parcel2Go saying about the contract was to deliver item and insurance was not necessary. It was a letter to go to the court and I can not find it, I would be ever so grateful if someone could point me in the right direction. Thankyou

• 2 weeks later...

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It might be an idea if you set out your story so that we can give you the assistance you need.

As a matter of interest, why do you want to do it by post and not online?

Well you seem to be doing okay here.

Why don't you start off by setting out your story

And did you upload the clearer copies?

I see that you had a previous thread involving a laptop which is marked as resolved. Is that the one and was it not resolved?

No it's not resolved, they have given me the run around of course giving me every excuse going, so I am going to sue them and also sue them for stress and anxiety caused

These people don't care about the upset they cause, this has really upset me and I have lost sleep over it worrying. My husband is not well and we didn't need this on top.

• BankFodder changed the title to Parcel2Go - refuse to compensate for lost laptop

Okay, well we will help you all the way if you will let us.

I suggest that you tell us the story – because in this thread we don't seem to have much information even though I have joined it with your previous thread. We really don't have much of a picture of what has happened.

Secondly, although you think it might be complicated to use money claim, it will be reasonably easy and we will help you. I'm afraid that the county courts nowadays are very discouraging of people who want to go to the counter and issue their claim on paper. You will have to accommodate them in terms of their opening hours. You will find it much easier if you do it online and you can take your time and get used to it.

I would suggest that you visit the money claim website – follow the moneyclaim link and register and start finding your way around. You can take your time filling in details and saving your work as you go along. I'm sure that by the time you have been to it to 3 times you will start to feel more comfortable. Eventually you will feel so confident that you will be going crazy seeing everybody who gets in your way – and why not!

At the same time, tell us the story in a nice chronological bullet pointed fashion and then we can understand how best to help you.

One thing I would like to know is why have Argos sent you this laptop? Had you just bought it from them and it was been delivered to you for the first time? If that is the case then you might be better off suing Argos because they are responsible for delivering the item to you.

I'd like to know also about the exchange of correspondence that you might have had with them.

I just want to mention that in my experience parcel2go is a broker that offers a variety of delivery options from various different couriers for example; dhl, hermes, parcelforce etc. As I understand it your contract is still with parcel2go and they are responsible for dealing with any claims, but it's possible you might be able to reach out to whichever courier was used for more information if they are willing to discuss the parcel with you (for example, if it was hermes you can find an email address for their ceo online and write in your complaint to them). 

Also I believe parcel2go may argue that the level of compensation may be restricted if you didn't take our extra insurance at the time of booking the delivery, up to the full value of the item. Did you purchase insurance?

Edited by bella-bella

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1854 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks