Away resorts

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1854 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just had a phone call from away resorts 

They've cancelled our holiday due to start 6th april

Their reason is that work has over run and therefore the touring pitches are unusable 

They've told us our ONLY options are to accept a static caravan (paying the extra) or to move to a different week (I book my work holidays 2 years in advance so not possible) oh and pay the extra for that as well

Now I know I can get my money back thats not an issue because not matter how much they argue I need to pay more I know that's not the only options 

The issue is we booked because there was special offers on, we only paid a quid for the ferry, we can't get that offer again - to be honest we can't get another holiday below about £300, and ours was only £130 for the week

Any advice because I'm really annoyed they've left it until 2 weeks before

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Well you will be entitled to recover from them all of your outgoings plus any reasonable costs or losses so if you're not able to use the promotional ferry fare, you will certainly be able to claim the actual cost when you do eventually go.

However, what you can do right now in time to save your holiday, I really have no idea. I suppose the only thing you can reasonably do is to fire off for a letter of claim immediately spell it all out them and make it clear that if the holiday is not available exactly as agreed then you will be suing them for all of the losses which I have outlined above.

What kind of holiday is this anyway?

Of course you take a telephone call but I don't suppose that you've read our customer services guide and that you record your calls, do you?

Unfortunately the call was to the wife (in her name) and she does not record calls

It's a booked touring holiday 

To be honest the holiday is gone - the site now lists as opening from the 19th 

I'm just not sure of the options 

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

A "touring" holiday really doesn't tell me very much about it.

Well my best advice to you – assuming you have the money – is to book another holiday for exactly the same period. Make sure the holiday is as close as possible an equivalent holiday – but if there's any difference then spend a bit more rather than a bit less. Tell away results in writing that this is what you are doing and tell them that when you come back you will be issuing legal proceedings immediately unless there is a cheque waiting for you on your return.

Keep a detailed account of all your costs and expenses. And then bring an action to recover everything.

It sounds to me as if you've been treated disgustingly and I really don't see how a holiday company can act like this towards its customers.

Start recording your calls in case there are any further telephone conversations whether it is you or your wife.

If you don't have the money then I'm afraid that the anything you will be of the do will be to threaten away results that you will see them for the loss of the holiday including loss of enjoyment, loss of any expenses you have incurred preparing for it, loss of holiday time – et cetera. Given 14 days and then sue. Don't muck around.

Stop posting over the Internet and see whether there are other people in a similar situation you might like to come here and be advised to take action as well.

Very sorry that your holiday is going wrong. It is very disappointing and nobody deserves this.

I've tweeted out to this company and if they want to come here and post some kind of reply explanation then of course they are very welcome

If it helps I've tweeted as well if that helps

Touring is basically booking a pitch and taking your own caravan - they arranged the ferry

We had notification in October that these works were ongoing however we were told that they only effected the grass pitches therefore they had upgraded us to a hardstanding 

Now they are telling us that the works have overrun and that its "unforeseen circumstances" I find that hard to swallow when they have been planned since October 

The wife is under strict instructions to say that any further correspondence is via email

Complaint sent to ceo team - email tk the one on ceoemail has bounced back but did a look up and found two other directors and used the same format ([email protected]) these have not bounced back

I'm assuming lots of people are in the same position rough estimate is 70 pitches (Google maps) for two weeks however I have not run across them

Please note:

So you have your own caravan and you have the ferry crossing fares and all you're lacking is the pitch.

I don't know anything about these kinds of holiday but is it not possible to book pitches elsewhere and then to bill the company for the cost of them when you get back?

it is certainly clear to me that it is the company's responsibility to make alternative arrangements for you if certain works have run on longer than they expected. It's their responsibility

Possibly however with two weeks notice to a popular island its hard

The booking for the ferry was done by away resorts - when we booked it was on a special offer of £1 for a return ticket

I've put the same dates and times in on Wright link to give an idea of why this was such a saving

Screenshot-20190319-203922.png

Please note:

So are you saying that not only can they not provide the pitches but they are  also cancelling the ferry tickets?

yes the ferry would also be cancelled 

As shown thats £419 extra cost there, to be frank the holiday fund for the family currently stands at £350 for the YEAR (camping holidays are not usually that expensive it's the ferries that are) 

A quick search on pitchup (camping/touring site) shows the cheapest currently available pitch is £152 

If I add that to the ferry that makes £571 

Well over what we have left, I could probably make it if I borrowed off family but if I'm Frank I owe family alot already (I'd rather not say how much) 

Please note:

It sounds to me highly suspicious .  So the action is also calculated to avoid having to pay the promotional ferry costs. it wouldn't surprise me if that is what is really behind this decision.

anyway, you have relied upon them for your holiday and you have paid your money and you have made your arrangements. start calculating the value of all your losses including the lost holiday time and the loss of enjoyment and send them a 14-day letter before claim and then sue them. Your chances of success are much better than 95%. Make sure that your figure for loss of enjoyment is modest and can be justified in court.

I suggest also that you go round to TripAdvisor and to Facebook and other places and start letting people know what you are doing about this.

I have to admit I'm willing for another solution (although I doubt they will read this) 

If they keep the ferry booking and refund the holiday (£131 - ferry took it to £132) then I would be willing to pay the Extra £20 for a different site - I just can't afford the ferry without that special offer

Please note:

Glad to say it's sorted

Although there's no spare pitches due to work over running they have arranged a concrete base for the new statics to be available for us

We are also to have the manager meet us at check in to make sure there's no other issues 

Please note: