BankFodder BankFodder

Shazam1966

Cabot/? Claim Form - newday Marbles card

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 433 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Good afternoon,

I am hoping I might be able to get some advice regarding a claim form I have received.

I have read a few threads here so I have a bit of an idea but not 100%

I have received a claim form from Northampton issued by Cabot for a fairly recent Marbles Card Debt.

I stupidly stopped making payments when I lost my job, burying my head in the sand and now I have to deal with this.

I know I need to provide all the info but firstly, how long do I have to acknowledge the claim please?  The claim is dated 11th March.

Many thanks

Hi and Welcome to CAG

By Friday 4.00pm 29th March  Shazam1966 (19 days inc 11th March)

If you could complete the claim form link and then we can get you going.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Andy,

Thank you for replying.

Details below as requested.

The claim is dated 11th March.

POC

1.By an agreement between Newday Ltd RE Marbles & the defendant or or around sometime in 2016 ("the agreement") Newday Ltd RE Marbles agreed to issue the Defendant with a credit card.

2.The defendant failed to make the minimum payments due & the agreement was terminated. 

3.The agreement was assigned to the claimant.

The claimant therefore claims £340 2. costs.

Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC ( Pre Action Protocol) ? Not sure what that is

Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred?  No

What is the total value of the claim?  £340 plus costs

Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? Credit Card

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ? After

Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/ Equifax /Etc...) ? I havent checked but would assume so

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. Assigned to Cabot

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? Not sure to be honest

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? Not sure

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ? No

Why did you cease payments? Lost job due to mental illness

What was the date of your last payment? Dont know  probably around a year ago

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? No

D

pop up on the MCOL website detailed on the claimform.
 register as an individual
 note the long gateway number given
 then log in
 select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box.
 then using the details required from the claimform
 defend all
 leave jurisdiction unticked.
 click thru to the end
 confirm and exit MCOL.
 get a CCA Request running to the claimant
https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/332502-cca-request-consumer-credit-act-1974-updated-january-2015/
 leave the £1PO blank and uncrossed
 get a CPR 31:14 request running to the solicitors [if one is not listed send to the claimant]
https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/332546-legal-cpr-3114-request-request-for-information-when-a-claim-has-been-issued/
type your name ONLY

no need to sign anything
you DO NOT await the return of paperwork.
you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform [1 in the count]

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

Thanks

Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC ( Pre Action Protocol) ? Not sure what that is

See below

Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/ Equifax /Etc...) ? I havent checked but would assume so

Dont assume please check.....it only takes minutes and is important to your claim and the advice we offer 

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Ok dx100 and Andyorch, thank you. Will get onto it now and I will let you know about credit file and the other thing.

Shazam!

I have just read up on the PAP and I am not sure I quite understand it but I am gathering that I should have received a Letter of Claim from Cabots with a form which I should have returned (I know dx100 said not to send their one but the one he posted).  If this is the case, I can confirm I have never received such a letter.

Ok, Letters sent off a few days ago.

Would someone kindly confirm to me how long I have to submit a defence please?

Many thanks

read post 4

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.