Poor Account Management

paulo Saolo

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5533 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I'm thinking about putting through a claim on behalf of a relative. I've been looking through his online banking today and this guy is clueless when it comes to manageing his account.

In this respect he has paid over £400 in the past 5 months alone in bank charges. However, several times over the period he has been over his agreed overdraft limit by over £500. Would this bear any relevance if it came to disputing the 'reasonableness' of the charges?

Has anybody put in a claim in similar circumstances and come through with a win?

Many thanks in advance for any light you may shed on the matter

Paulo Saolo

'If you like it try it, If you don't like it; try it you might like it.'

'Inside every sack of $h!te, there's a spark of gold. Now, it might just be the wrapper off a Caramac, but it's there'

Hi all

I'm thinking about putting through a claim on behalf of a relative. I've been looking through his online banking today and this guy is clueless when it comes to manageing his account.

In this respect he has paid over £400 in the past 5 months alone in bank charges. However, several times over the period he has been over his agreed overdraft limit by over £500. Would this bear any relevance if it came to disputing the 'reasonableness' of the charges?

Has anybody put in a claim in similar circumstances and come through with a win?

Many thanks in advance for any light you may shed on the matter

Shouldnt have any bearing at all. I assume part of the reason he keeps going overdrawn (much like myself) is his bank charging him. He can go after these and he will win. My account has been managed in a way similar to a small child trying to steer the QE2 but i am very near the end of my fight and will be using the money to get myself out of the financial hole i have been in for the last few years so go for it.

25th spetember - Sent off S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)

10th October - Received all statements

11th October - Calculated all charges

Drafted prelim letter

Did spreadsheets

16th October - Sent prelim letter to Ian Shepherd

17th October - Letter delivered. 14 days starts today!

31st October - LBA sent first class recorded!

2nd November - Confirmation LBA received

18th November - Filed my MCOL for £1278. Bosh!

20th November - MCOL acknowledged

24th November - Acknowledgement of service

24th November - Received offer of £900. Rejected

30th November - Received offer of £1023. Rejected