• Tweets

• @tobyjugg2 It has been decided that you will now be responsible for deciding on the Covid-19 measures that Government will apply to England.   What measures will you introduce ?   If it were me deciding, I think I would enforce PPE requirements in any place that is open to the public and that includes schools.    So both Children and all school staff would have to wear face masks and those that cannot wear masks due to a health condition, should not be attending school anyway.   In terms of how to enforce. I would employ more Council enforcement officers, with the power to issue £100 penalties to people and £1000 to any company/organisation.   These penalties would increase for second, third and subsequent offences.   This virus is going to be with us for months or years, so we might as well  get used to having to excercise reasonable precautions.   Lock downs should be used when they need to deploy a fire break to try to deal with the virus spread in areas.
    • Hi Ladywop, I have had to remove your image as reference numbers and some personal info still showing.   If you could obscure them by covering them rather than felt marker and re upload as a PDF please, that then only allows logged in and Registered Caggers to view it, otherwise a jpeg in the post would allow anyone browsing to see it.
    • I don't see any problem with giving them the information they are asking for.
    • Acerbic takedown of Muppet Johnsn, and the Data Loss Dido debacle mthat is test & Trace. Dr North asks what will they do imposing telephone number fines that people can't pay?   Well maybe they send in bailiffs to evict them and snatch their home if an Owner Occupier?  Off to prison if tenant and all goods taken and sold under a new emergency power given to bailiffs to take the lot regardless?  The bailiff firms will love that, they have been doing no business recently. https://www.turbulenttimes.co.uk/news/corona/coronavirus-the-cummings-dividend/
    • Customer service, I suspect, will be an auto response. Definitely worth sending email to CEO. Although the admins on this site might have info on whether to Walt for an answer to your email to Mike Divine or not. 
  • Our picks

• @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 4 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies
    • I’m in desperate need of help

I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal
      returned them all seven days later

I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came
      I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
      evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute

I contacted PayPal
      they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.
      fast forward to today

I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them
      I’ve also contacted their customer service too
      all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.

I have proved that the dispute is closed
      I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it
      but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .

I have sent them a letter before court email
      I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !

I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !

i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .
    • In desperate need of help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/425244-in-desperate-need-of-help/&do=findComment&comment=5067040
      • 29 replies

Default notice removal?

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 551 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi Could anyone advise me on default removal. If you have one on your credit record and it is more than 6 years old can you try and get it removed. The money is still owed on this account. Thank you for any help you can offer on this issue.

a default should not be on your credit file after 6 years

make a complaint to the CRA's and also the creditor stating that if it isn't removed immediately you will raise a complaint with the ICO and seek compensation

Thread moved to the appropriate forum...please continue to post here to your thread.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

As per the top of this page Batty...not sure why you posted it in  A Word from the Banks forum.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

what is the defaulted date from the summary line??

forget the calendar..

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s -  would collapse overnight.

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs - that's why they will never tell you they are not bailiffs and have absolutely zero legal powers on any debt.