Jury Duty

SOD'EM
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1859 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just a bit of advice please.

My son started Jury Duty today, and has been placed on a Case that is going to last 6 weeks plus. He's worried about his normal job because he has only been working there for 10 Months.

Although it's full time, he is employed through an agency. Can somebody let me know where he stands job wise.

Hope this is in the right place.

Thanks in advance.

SOD'EM

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

Taking time off work

Give a copy of the letter confirming your jury service to your employer.

Your employer must let you have time off work but can ask you to delay your jury service if your absence will have a serious effect on business.

Wages during jury service

Your employer can choose whether or not to pay you during your service. If they do not you can claim for loss of earnings from the court.

Problems with your employer

You can complain to an employment tribunal if you’re unreasonably refused time off for jury service.

If you’re sacked because you do jury service you may be able to claim unfair dismissal. However, if your employer asks you to delay jury service and you refuse, you may not be able to claim unfair dismissal.

https://www.gov.uk/jury-service

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thank you for your quick reply. I think we are worried a bit more because he has only been there for 10 months, therefore does not have a full contract.

They are fine with him having Jury Duty, but I don't think for a minute they thought the trial can last for over 6 weeks.

Really bad luck that...I have done Jury Service twice now and never had a case last over 2 days

Has he actually been selected for this case  or simply been told to be prepared ? In most cases, jury service lasts about two weeks, but given the nature of some criminal cases, this cannot be guaranteed. If a trial is likely to last longer than two weeks,

Jurors will be asked at court if this will be difficult for them.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/228867/9780108508400.pdf

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

They took 50 of them upstairs, then narrowed it down to 21, then he filled in a questionnaire He then got took into the Courtroom and was asked if he recognised any of the offenders..

They then narrowed it down to 12 (he is one of them), and 2 on standby.

Well thats normal procedure for the cases...but any case lasting longer than the normal 2 weeks then as per my last post and he should have voiced is concerns.

If they didnt even bother to ask then they have not followed due process.