Barclays Bank Charges Advise needed

happycaravan
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1864 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I am helping a friend out with a Barclays Overdraft PPI claim and spotted a large amount of bank charges - between £22-£30 per time. I thought it might be worth trying to reclaim these too while we are doing the PPI and i have the statements anyway, i just need some help with knowing which spreadsheet to use for the figures. Could anyone advise please? 

Thank you in advance

:-) 

In principle you are not able to claim back bank charges in respect of overdrafts. Extremely unfair but that was effectively the result of the Supreme Court decision in 2009.

However, I would have thought that if you can demonstrate that the bank charges occurred as a result of an overdraft which was caused by the mis-sold PPI, then you have a good basis for came back the charges as well.

Ah really? Things have changed since I claimed myself then... looks like I’d have my work cut out with that one if we went down that route 😏... it is annoying because she’s never requested the protection and is still being charged today. Thank you for the info it’s very much appreciated x