Barclays Overdraft Fees - Reclaim help required

happycaravan
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1680 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, 

What description do i use for the figure i've carried from the CI sheet? (initially suggested post 2014 but this is when the bank announced they changed the interest and fee structure however no interest was actually charged after 21/03/2013 so hopefully i have completed the sheet correctly).

Also under the 'Award Calculation' - is there a more apt term than Monthly PPI Payment I should be using? It's just going to be one amount so am i ok to change it to Total Payment of 'PPI' perhaps?

image.png.433882797d4ad7809d5bc3a7cd536bef.png

total from previous sheet

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Last question... (or probably not!!) regarding the bank charges i have them on a spready but do i include interest or do i just mention these charges on a letter? If i do include interest at what rate? 

Thank you as always 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi 

Would you be able to check the letter to accompany the overdraft PPI charge claims, I have adapted it as i think best but as it's not a common one im hoping i haven't done too bad a job. Onto the FOS Questionnaire next, i'm just hoping ive completed the spreadsheets correctly :-(....

Thanks 

Barclays

Complaints Department/PPI

Privacy & Data Protection

General Data Protection Regulation

(GDPR) Team

Leicester

LE87 2BB

30th April 2019

Dear Sir/Madam,

Ref: xxxxxxx

I believe I have been mis-sold a payment protection insurance policy associated with my bank account and would like to request a full refund of my premiums, plus interest paid.

I took out an Overdraft sometime after the account was opened, which over the years has had PPI added to the account (Overdraft Interest/Overdraft Protection/Payment Protection and finally Overdraft PPI).The total amount plus interest is £ 10925.97.

I believe this was added to my account without my knowledge, I certainly have no recollection of requesting this being added to my account – it would never have been suitable for my needs as I have always worked for an employer who paid full company sick pay, had this been checked by a member of your team at any point, which they are under obligation to do – they would have realised that a PPI policy was useless to me. The last few years I have been through a period of ill health (most recently treatment for Cancer) and did not spot the name change from payment protection to PPI hence me making the claim now.

Insurers are under an obligation to ensure that the policy they are selling is appropriate to that customer and clearly, as my employment situation renders a PPI policy meaningless, you have not fulfilled this requirement.

I am requesting a full refund of all my insurance payments, plus interest, which total £10925.97.

If I do not receive a favourable response from you, I will pursue this claim through the Financial Ombudsman.

Yours sincerely

[Your signature]

• Like 1

sure that the right address?

the letter is std across the board.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi dx100uk, 

Thank you for getting back to me, the SAR went to a Freepost address and all the info that came back had no address just a contact number so thats one i found on here?? Do you think its not right? 

Regarding the letter - the standard template didn't seem to fit for overdraft PPI so i adapted it slightly. Is it no good? 

Beginning to worry about the spreadsheets now :-( 

Thank you as always 

the letter is ok - just an adaption of our std template.

spreadsheets are ok

the reclaim should goto their registered office which is probably in our stickies of the Barclay forum or from the fca register not a data protection address

and they

ok fab thank you, there is a Knutsford address which might be a better bet. 

With regards to the penalty charges if i mention them in each claim as per your valuable advice in post #46 should i also enclose a spreadsheet/fos questionnaire or will the extra wording cover it do you think? The penalty charges total £894 plus £839.52 interest. 

Not long to go now :-) 

Really can't thank you enough for all your help 

Hi HC,

Knutsford is the Data Team address I think so don't use this.

Send to this address from the Sticky Thread at the top of the Barclays forum :-

BARCLAYS BANK PLC

1 CHURCHILL PLACE

LONDON

E14 5HP

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

dx100uk or Slick132 - if either of you are around in the morning could you have a look at my Q re the penalty charges and let me know what you think please? Everything else is ready to go im just not sure whether i need to do the spready/ FOSQ. 

Also a quick Q regarding the PAF's I completed the spreadsheet using the CISheet - with the 8% simple interest, but i've seen a thread tonight advising them to use 24.9% and then they'd make a court claim for compound interest in restitution. Have i used the wrong sheet here initially? 

Thank you - H 

stick to post 46 .

a bank account does charge interst so no you cant charge int other than 8% stat on PAF's

and they

Just want to say thank you for all your help and advice, the claims are going off today!!! finally! 

I have had a response from Santander regarding another one now so i guess the work starts all over lol - but thank you so much. Fingers crossed we get somewhere! :-)

• 4 weeks later...

Okay so we have had a response to PPI claim which is the standard 'we are dealing with your complaint - fingers crossed they deal with it in the right way!  

I need some help/advice with a response we have had to the PAF claim however if someone is able to advise? I have scanned and uploaded (hopefully its ok as its the first time ive done so) a copy of the edited letter showing what we sent to them and their reply etc.  I don't want to reply with the wrong wording - of course i know that my friend knows what actually happened but a lot of it is so long ago it's difficult to be precise. 

Any advise would be very much appreciated now we are at this stage :-) 

Barclays PAF Response.pdf

I would think he can answer those quite confidently do you.

I will guess they told him in branch [was he called in by them or asked for a greater OD?]

that he could have or didn't tell him he could have two accounts I bet!

the rest is easy.

but by letter only!

and they

• 1 month later...

Hi dx100uk, 

We received a response regarding the PAF - they have denied the claim.

I am rather annoyed because I suspect they have no actual evidence that my friend agreed to the Additions account at all, she maintains she didn't and coincidentally the only change she made at that time is to change her name when she married.

The Tech Pack Fees claim is still awaiting an outcome but i can't see them paying out on that either!

I have attached the response they sent

- i wondered if someone would be kind enough to read and offer an opinion as to whether we can go anywhere with it?

Or have we just got to admit defeat? 

Claim value was just under £5k...

Thank you in advance x

Barclays Response 13.07.2019 (2).pdf

.urm..don't like that at all.

so why wrre you called into the branch then?

he keeps saying WHY did you select this account as you already had an OD

well you were told you had to come into the branch

and as he quite nicely says THIS WAS THE OBLY ACCOUNT AVAILBLE to you.

so you were forced to take the extras 'just' to continue to have an overdraft..

how dos he know wHAT was told to you in a private in branch meeting, the advisor got a nice backhander for selling it too!!

and they

So - (Ive done this on behalf of my best friend)

She opened the account when she left school and started with a basic account as we all do.

Then she was  given the basic fee free overdraft, but at some point without her knowledge the account was upgraded to the Additions account.

It was only when we were looking at the  PPI claim that we realised what she had been charged for all these years,

to explain - she knew she was paying a fee but thought this was what you had to pay for the overdraft as thats what she'd been told in branch when she'd been in to query a monthly charge.

She was actually told that she needed this account in order to get the overdraft, and was also advised it was the right account for her. (these are the reasons she went into branch) 

The letter also says 'Barclays Tech pack' not complained about - yet we have complained about this!

They dont seem to know what they are doing.

I'm just annoyed because if they had evidence of her signing something then surely they would have sent that but they haven't..

Is that something worth asking for maybe?

Or have they washed their hands?

I really appreciate your help :-) 

what does the comms log say for the times when she supposedly switched accounts

they cant make any decisions without data that proves their theory....

and they

should be something with operator notes of actions on the a/c?

and they