• Tweets

• Just to enlarge on Dave's great rundown of your case under Penalty. In the oft quoted case often seen on PCNs,  viz PE v Beavis while to Judges said there was a case for claiming that £100 was a penalty, this was overruled in this case because PE had a legitimate interest in keeping the car park free for other motorists which outweighed the penalty. Here there is no legitimate interest since the premises were closed. Therefore the charge is a penalty and the case should be thrown out for that reason alone.   The Appeals dept need informing about what and what isn't a valid PCN. Dummies. You should also mention that you were unable to pay by Iphone as there was no internet connection and there was a long  queue to pay on a very busy day . There was no facility for us to pay from the time of our arrival only the time from when we paid at the machine so we felt that was a bit of a scam since we were not parked until we paid. On top of that we had two children to load and unload in the car which should be taken into account since Consideration periods and Grace periods are minimum time. If you weren't the driver and PoFA isn't compliant you are off scot free since only the driver is liable and they are saying it was you. 
    • Thank you dx. I consider myself well and truly told :) x Thank you dx. I consider myself well and truly told :) x
    • Doubt the uneconomic write off would be registered, unless you agreed to accept write off settlement of the claim. It is just cosmetic damage. All that has happened, is that the car has been looked at and they realised the repair costs are going to exceed the value of the car. If the car is perfectly driveable with no upcoming normal work required to pass next MOT, your current Insurers will continue Insurance and you can accept an amount from third party Insurers to go towards you repairing the scratched bodywork.    
    • Peter McCormack says the huge investment by the twins will help Real Bedford build a new ground.View the full article
    • I emailed both. Tarry's came back "Please note that I have now left the business. Please contact Matthew Barnes ([email protected])  going forward" so will send to him.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Lending Stream now Lantern

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1219 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I think I'm in the right place I apologise if not.

I used to live at another address the other side of the  country

have received two signed for letters I've been told,

I can't get up there instantly,

it will be later in the week but I'm terrified after some thought that these are summons/ccj proceedings for Lending Stream.

As it's the only finance thing I can think of..

Allow me to explain.

A few years ago I got into a system of taking pay day loans one after the other from lending Stream, I have changed my ways since then but have completely forgotten about these, they were linked to an old email that I can't get in any more as it's been destroyed. I've since managed to login to the account and see the remaining loans on the system.

Initially as I had got myself into the situation I spoke to the CAB about it to prevent Default. We kept going back and forth between Lending Stream &  Credit Resource Solutions  which I have a few copies of the emails. CRS if I recall correctly never responded to the CAB and I even contacted Lending Stream about this to no avail. I think I also have a few emails where I offered to make repayment of a £1, they refused this saying as their terms, 24 months was the only agreement they could make which would start at £12 or something. 

March 21 2015 - 15 September 2015 - £200 PAID £387.52 Complete

August 2015 - 23 Feb 2016 - £100  - PAID £152.40 Complete

At the time I was robbing Peter to pay Paul so to speak and the following defaulted:

9th September 2015 - 21st March 2016 Opened £300 Total To Pay £600 -

I paid £103.2 (October 15) £64.80 (October 15), £154.08 (December15), £2 (April 2016) - Total Repaid £324.08

14th October 2015  - 22nd April 2016 - Opened £120 - Total To Pay £240 -

I paid £39.36 (November 15), £45.12 (December 15), (£2 April 16) - Total Repaid £86.48

06 December 2015 -23rd May 2016-  Opened £120 - Total To Pay £224.22

I paid £17.28 (December 15), £2 (April) - Total Repaid £19.28

27th December 2015 - 23rd June 2016 - Opened £140- Total To Pay £272.45 

I paid £0. - Total Repaid £0

-------------------------------

I emailed them in August 2016 what I saw as irresponsible lending. There reply was:

This is in reference to your correspondence regarding your Lending Stream loans.
We have reviewed your accounts and would like to share our findings. You borrowed six loans from Lending Stream, out of which the loan accounts [5 accounts are still outstanding.]
Please note, we have already informed Credit Resource Solutions (CRS) about your enrollment with Citizen Advice Bureau(CAB) and they will be making the necessary changes shortly. They have made the necessary changes for the loan account xx.
Affordability Checks:

We confirm that an affordability analysis is conducted for all customers (existing or new) and on each loan application. Our advanced analytics and underwriting processes review the information provided by the customer, all public information, and details held by Credit Reference Agencies before making a decision.

• Your Experian score was ranging between 580 and above. This was factored into our proprietary underwriting and deemed acceptable

• At the time of each application, you were employed full time 

• Your monthly income at the time of applications was ranging from £1120.00-£1280.00

• We could observe a sufficient disposable income, which denoted that repayments towards the loans could have been made without any financial difficulties

• You were approved only for the amount you were eligible for

We expect our customers to include any current obligations due to be paid while filling the expenditure details to ensure a fair assessment of their disposable income and ability to make repayments. The data shared in your applications indicated that your monthly income well exceeded your expenses and that repayments towards the loans could have been made without any financial difficulties.
Credit file/Data Validation:
When a customer requests for a credit report from a Credit Reference Agency, he or she may acquire specific information including names of different lenders’ and their respective reporting, however, when a financial institution does a credit search on a customer’s credit report, they are not privy to that exact information. Hence, our decision to lend money does in part rely on the information received from Experian (credit scores).
Additional Information:
Our constant message to customers whose circumstances change, or who experience hardship, is to speak to us and we will work something out together. While reviewing your accounts, we note that Lending Stream was made aware about your financial situation first on XXJan'16 when you informed about your enrollment with CAB and as per our procedure, the loans were passed to CRS as they handle all debt management loans for Lending Stream.
Please note, until CRS confirms about the debt management plan being set, we cannot put a hold on the interest. However, once confirmed, the necessary changes are made, where we waive any extra interest or charges incurred after the enrollment.
In lieu of the overall situation, we believe that Lending Stream has behaved responsibly in approving your loans and has been dealing fairly as per our procedures.
Resolution:

While we confirm that the affordability checks were performed with due consideration while approving your loans, considering your situation, we are ready to close the loan accounts without any further payments. This will be updated on your credit file in 30-45 days post closure. For the other outstanding loan accounts A, B and C, we are ready to waive all the interest and charges capitalised and would request you to return the remaining borrowed amounts shown below:

Loan ID Borrowed Amount Total Paid Remaining Borrowed Amount
A £120.00 £86.48 £33.52
B £120.00 £19.28 £100.72
C £140.00 £0.00 £140.00

We await your response for the aforementioned offer.
-----

We went back and forth and on 15th September I said I would accept but need to pay £1 a month, again they fired back saying they won't accept a £1 a month. And that was the last I heard from them I believe, (well I couldn't get into that email any more either after a few months.)

Since then nothing, no calls, no letters to an address.

This month I've received a letter from Lantern for £47.60 it doesn't tell me what it is for, it just has a reference number that has nothing to do with anything I understand. But a quick google says it's Lending Stream connection. It stated if I don't reply in 7 days it will be referred to BPO collections. Which I'm assuming it has as i didn't respond as I had no clue what the hell it was about. Why wouldn't they tell me what it was in connection with?

So now I'm a bit scared I don't know what to do, and if it is a summons I can't get access to the letter for nearly a week, and I just feel hopeless on how to proceed... Can anyone help me please? 

send lantern [MMF] a cca request ….stop using email/phone too

go get your credit file

moved to the mmf forum

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Lending Stream now Lantern

I have my credit file from MSE. Last updated 17/03/19

The Lending Stream Accounts all show under Default last updated 03/03/19

Motormile Finance £47.00 DEFAULT/ENDED

LENDING STREAM LTD £0.00 DEFAULT/ENDED (which seems to be the £47.00 - why is that showing twice as a default?)

LENDING STREAM LTD £275 DEFAULT/ENDED

LENDING STREAM LTD £153 DEFAULT/ENDED

LENDING STREAM LTD £220 DEFAULT/ENDED

LENDING STREAM LTD £229 DEFAULT/ENDED

sold accounts will show twice

doesn't harm you twice mind

defaulted date of this one sold to lantern [£47]

court claims don't come by signed for mail.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for your help Dx100uk :)

I had started a claim with Lending stream about removing the charges and complaining about the lending at the time via resolver, but resolver said lS don't handle emails anymore and I'd have to use their contact us page. Should I continue this or leave?

resolver is useless

send them our irresponsible lending complaint by royal mail

and they

• 6 months later...

Hi Dx100uk

i finally got around to sending a CCA to Lantern. They replied today (within 3 days) seems pretty air tight they sent an agreement.

Ive not contacted lending stream since the post as I have seen that if I’ve already complained once (the first post) I can’t forward to ombudsman can I? Please advise if I should resend a irresponsible lending letter.

socne the default I’ve never heard from lending stream. It’s only this smaller account I’ve heard about

no you are outside of 6mts.

if you wish scan up to pdf all the CCA return

one multipage PDF only please

read upload.

and they

I've noticed the 'agreement' is actually 'PreContract Information' there's 'key features of this credit product' with the amount borrowed for example, length and expected payment dates - but there is no account number, none of a applicants/contracted persons details. It's literally just information not tied to an individual.

Furthermore, (sorry for the questions) on two credit agencies (don't show up on the third) the closed accounts/defaults remaining all say £0. they don't have a balance anymore saying closed 23 August 2019.. Does that mean this have been wiped away?

The one in question above with MM shows £47 still. 

Will upload now

jpg2pdf_compressed.pdf

cant see a web sign up tickbox or anything.

nor your name and address [that you've blanked out?] was it there?

bogroll 

but quite std for lantern to send as a CCA request return

they think debtors are stupid.

pers i'd ignore until/unless you get a letter of claim 

and they

That's right there's nothing of my name/address or a e signature on there. They also sent my letter back and my postal order. 

Their attached letter merely states 'we've enclosed your agreement(s) as requested. Communication will continue if we don't have a payment arrangement in place...etc.. We look forward to hearing from you in 7 Days.

Do I reply stating they haven't provided an agreement?  I don't want them to sneak in a CCJ for example, or am I merely waiting for them to find the agreement to send over?

Or just leave it be? Do i need to keep them updated if i move address for example?

you never enter into pointless letter tennis with a powerless DCA

but yes as with any creditor or owner of any debt you might have used/paid within say 7 yrs

ALWATS update with correct address

else you risk a backdoor CCJ regardless to mail redirect

don't forget DVLA V5C and licence too....:lol:

and they

Hi Dx

I assumed Lantern owned the debt now? How do I update people just a letter even if we are at odds so to speak?

Also does this apply to the other lending stream accounts. Can you explain how to proceed with those (i updated a few posts back)

Apologies for all the questions.

the owners of debts will be listed on your credit file.

if a debt is sold by the OC

you should have gotten a notice of assignment.

have you been self helping ??

read threads here. or the debt collection agency forum

and they

Sorry for the double post just wondering do I reply to them at all? Saying they haven’t sent a valid credit agreement.. isn’t there a time period on how long they must do this for? But their letter indicates they believe they have..

you never enter into pointless letter tennis.

and they

I’m uncertain how they got it but they’ve sent me three texts demanding contact since.

Do I just ignore them is that what you are saying? I don’t wish to end up with a CCJ suddenly.

are we right in saying that agreement isn’t worth anything as it doesn’t even have a name on?

correct on both counts

and they

Do you think? And I know this is against probably your process, but I should contact them & make a final offer just to get rid of it: as the agreement isn’t even with the correct details/cca details, potentially ask for removal of default too?

that would be acking the debt.

the default was registered by the OC

any issue with that you take up with them not a powerless DCA

and they

I've since received a new letter. This new letter now has 4 other accounts on it from Lending Stream. (Not the one above)

It states 'as you now have more than one account with us' they've given a reference number for them all.

Note I've not received any information about these from them until now, not that they've brought the debt or anything.

What do i do?

CCA these as well?

The previous post you mentioned they are a DCA, I'm certain their letter told me they'd purchased the £49 debt.. that's different isn't it?

I'm a bit scared now

what are you scared about?

a dca is not a bailiff.

it wont hurt to cca each one no.

dx

and they

• 1 month later...

you indicated last month you now have been chased for more loans from Lantern

regardless to the fact they've now lumped these in one global ref no.

you still need to CCA lantern for each one.

you can also IRL each one to lending stream.

and they

• 6 months later...

open

and they