BankFodder BankFodder

HP Mum

TW - direct debit change w/o warning

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 443 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

I pay £10/month to TW by direct debit.

They just debited £260.

I checked my account on-line and it says this is now my monthly amount payable.

I've had nothing in writing/ no discussion with them/ can't possibly be consuming that amount of water monthly.

It must be an error.

Can I notify my bank and get an immediate refund?

And contact TW and tell them to rectify the amount back to where it was?

are you on a meter?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

Yes

And I did a quick check of on-line previous bills.

Consumption has gone up a bit - which I will query as I have had faulty meters before.  But usage doesn't equate to this bill or their new requested monthly amount.

Edited by HP Mum

then sar them unless you already have the readings and proves you use <£10PCM,

but are there not other charges here like sewage and drainage that attract payments?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

the dd guarantee states they ahve to inform you of a change like this. £10pm is silly low, around £30-60/month would be normal but they ahve to give you notice of change.

You need to look at your bills and usage to determine how much you owed at a recent point in time and take it from there.

I did check the bills. They have tripled the bill as an estimate. No reason.  My usage could not possible have tripled; nor will it.  In fact it would have reduced a lot as there has been lifestyle changes.

Yes I am on a low amount/month - by agreement.

I called my bank. There is - apparently - an insurance indemnity which allows you to reclaim the direct debit.  I actioned that - so the money will be refunded.  It would have been immediate if I had realised what TW had done on the same day as the dd - but as I only realised 2 days later and at the w/e - it will take a couple days for the £s to be refunded.

I now need to call/ discuss with TW.

Thanks everyone 

estimate for a water meter? They have to read it once a year so jump the gun and do so yourself