Flight delay compensation

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1861 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all need a little advice on behalf of my son & partner who experienced a delay on a flight to Lanzarote on Monday just gone.

Flight was from Gatwick and supposed to take off at 9.50am (or around then) but eventually took off at around 4.25pm so a delay of approximately 6.5 hours.

The delay was caused by an issue with planes engine and then the wait for a replacement aircraft.

Is this something which would be covered under the flight compensation scheme and if so is this something the tour operator, in this instance TUI, would volunteer to passengers or are you required to write / email them a claim upon return?

Table I found online suggests the figure would be €400 per passenger would this be right if the above scenario qualifies?

Thanks in advance 

Thanks king I thought as much but wasn’t sure.

By delay details in writing would that be from the airline or an external agency such as the CAA?

When i claimed a couple of years ago the caa gave me a full report on the flight in 24 hours  but recent cases here saw a no answer if i remember correctly.

You can send an email to caa and at the same time speak to the airline on the phone, while recording the call.

Don't tell them you are recording,  it's perfectly legal.

See if you can get an admission from them.

Then go for the kill by claiming compensation.