ploddertom

Private Parking new rules?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 189 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

The following was given Royal Assent on 15 March 2019 with a new Code of Practice to follow

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/drivers-to-receive-greater-protection-against-rogue-private-parking-operators

• Like 1

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Be good if it works, but until a PPC is given a severe tolchocking by a Judge, nothing will change in the short to medium term.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Could explain the sudden rush of Claims over recent weeks for the most stupid of reasons.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes could be a final fling of desperation to get as many Default CCJ as possible before they are clamped (oops) down on.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Why do they insist in using the word FINE throughout....ggrrrr

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

now the bad news is that it will apply to to Scotland and NI so they get the POFA by default.

In NI they still allow clamping so not necessarily all bad but for Scotland it will cause problems regarding keeper liability as the reasonable cause criteria for accessing the DVLA database is just as slack as it always was.

howver, the guidance notes do say "the  landowner" so there is room for whoever draws up the final code to make sure that the parking co's actually work for their masters rather than purely in their own naked interest.

I cant see that happening but for parking on housing developments where tenants or lessees are being clobbered you may see a necessity for a proper chain of authority and if the tenant or lessee has an overriding right then I would expect that the parking co are prohibited from taking any action against residents once they have been knocked back on their first claim.

Things like that will be telling rather than the arguments about incorrect stays on parking meters or anpr capture

Surely part of the solution is to make your own submissions on the subject.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]