BankFodder BankFodder

mrfdes

Paypal Negative balance, Paypal dodges my question

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 344 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi everyone,

Last week, my Paypal account was hacked, and the culprit(s) managed to make it around £2000 lighter.

My wife went to the bank immediately and they reversed all payments and Direct Debits and because of that (the reversal), I was left with a payment to Paypal of £1927.39 (Negative Balance).

So far, so good, everything seemed right, my Bank balance tallied, so I paid that amount.

However, there was one more dispute about an amount of £653 (which I knew about and recognised), which had been (or, at least, it seemed that way) to and fro my account and Paypal a few times, and Paypal claimed that amount was not included in the aforementioned payment.

So, again, negative balance of £653.

However, as I come off the phone with the PP representative, all of a sudden, that £653 negative balance is gone and I am left with a negative balance of £111.11.

I have looked all over the place, done additions and subtractions between all possible transactions, cross-referenced everything with my bank account, NOTHING that even remotely leads to that amount.

And, if I did still owed them £653 (which I doubt very much), why did it all of a sudden go down by £541.89 (an amount which I cannot find anywhwere)?

OK, I decide to open a dispute with PP and I get a reply which tells me "They have great difficulty finding the transaction(s) I mention, and could I provide them with further details (dates, numbers, etc.), sounds dodgy to me, if they cannot find it on their system.

So, I just keep on at them, replying to the replies they send to me, bombarding them with messages, with the main question being: "WHERE DOES THAT £111.11 COME FROM"?

Every time I get a reply that is COMPLETELY beside the point and where the amount or the negative balance is not even mentioned.

This morning, I find an "American" reply telling me that, "if I have a neg. bal. to pay it via debit/credit card or send a "check" to....", now, WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH THE PRICE OF FISH??????

I then replied that they may expect legal action (remember, I was furious).

Now, I want to know, did I do the right thing, and have I got a leg to stand on?

I will be very grateful for any advice.

ignore them

there is nothing they can do.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

Hi dx,

Thank you for you reply.

But is this not a bit simple?

And what if I need to make further payments through PP one day?

Thanks.

start a new account with slightly differing details.

paypal don't do court

and any DCA they might set upon you are not bailiffs and totally powerless.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

Thanks again.

new email address is all you need