BankFodder BankFodder

TheUnknownStuntman

Lloyds Debt sold to cabot, now resolvecall

Scared that someone will come to the house asking for the rest of the debt or a letter taking her to court.

Its been over a month since the CCA was sent and we have had no reply from Cabot in response to it.

I seriously doubt they have put 2 and 2 together and don't realise we have sent one because the reference / account numbers don't match. however they have texted asking if we got the offer letter and to contact them regarding the offer they sent us.

And what can they do??

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, the whole DCA industry would collapse overnight.

The debt is unenforceable, you sent a CCA request, which was ignored, the law is now on your side.  Cancel the payment, there is the back end of nothing they can do.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

After sending Cabot another CCA request,

this time with their reference number

they have replied with a letter saying we are trying to locate the documents needed from the original creditor, that being Lloyds.

It says they will be intouch again shortly to let us know how they are doing.

Cabot has now appeared on my wifes credit file with missed payments because I told her to stop paying Lloyds.

all good then.

the missed payments cant hurt her nor her score much

and only you and they can see them

I will guess the debt is already defaulted

whats the date.

the biggest financial industry in the UK, the whole DCA industry would collapse overnight.

so doesn't matter wat they put

its defaulted 

cant harm you further

it will all vanish on the defaults 6th birthday.

Thankyou so much dx100uk for all your help and replies, it is very much appreciated.

The Default is already 3 years old, payments make no difference. At that age a default starts to become far less relevant , if you wanted for example, to apply for a mortgage, it's likely it would be ignored by many lenders.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Letter arrived today which is in response to the first letter saying they are trying to locate the documents needed.

Cabot_No_CCA_web.png

Nice win for you there, no need to pay them anything at all, and can ignore them until if and when they send what you asked for in your CCA request.

Hi Guys, Well looks like Cabot have given up and now passed the debt on to Resolvecall. I guess this is just another DCA. I am safe to ignore ?

Edited by TheUnknownStuntman

as with all DCA's

they are not BAILIFFS

if some bod does appear

do not engage them.

film them on your phone

tell them to leave your premises and do not return else you'll call police 101

dx

Thanks dx.

I have read they these guys threaten with court action and send people to houses.

I have the letter still from Cabot saying unable to find CCA.

I was just checking whether its still safe to ignore letters now from Resolvecall, is it worth sending them a CCA ?

Thanks dx.

a powerless DCA 

only the OWNER of a debt can do court.

please find time to read up properly.

dx

A DCA buying up a bunch of ancient debts for 5p in the pound does not automatically give them god like powers to grant CCJ's and send round the Bailiffs. 

There is a good reason why they are only worth pennies, that's because they are not enforceable. 

But the DCA's know that sending out a bunch of threat o grams is always enough to scare a few people into paying up .

Which is exactly why you ignore them, until if / when they send a PAP letter. 

Which might well be never

if you look around the forum or use our search

you'll see there are numerous, recent threads, whereby resolvecall have sent letters about old debts owned by cabot..

sadly there are mugs out there that will blindly pay because they wet themselves.

dx

Thanks Guys, I thought pretty much its another powerless DCA but I double check on behalf of my wife as she suffers from bad anxiety so when a letter like this comes along I have to either try to intercept it or try to reassure her its nothing. I then show her your replies. Thanks again for your help.