BankFodder BankFodder

padbear

Arrow Global/Drydensfairfax

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 308 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recently my partner has started to receive letters from the above company regarding a debt. Date of original agreement was 02/10/2006.

This debt was left to her from her ex-husband and at her wits end she visited a independent debt advisor and a payment plan was set up, and she has been paying this since 2009 and last payment was last month. Drydensfaifax are now demanding full payment of the debt, so any advice on how to deal with this would be appreciated.

I am aware that since payments have been made up to last month this is not statute barred. Would a request for a CCA be worth while? 

Yes definitely you should make a request for a CCA agreement. I'm afraid that by making payments all of this time – even though they were probably very small payments, you have The debt alive.

Maybe you can give some details of the debt – particularly who are the original creditors? Was it a loan or an overdraft?

It was with M&S financial services and I think a store card.

Wait - So payments have been made under arrangement and they are now forcing full payment with a valid payment plan in place?

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Cash cowed blind..

Cca request time

people cannot gift debts so explain what you mean- was it a card in her name that hubby used, a joint card or something else?