BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• We have now received the Judgement and sent it to the High court enforcement officers, it looks as though he got a copy of the judgement and sent the letter out above, we have also reported them to their Party for Harassment as they sent someone to our house demanding payment and a letter typed up as above.   We now await the enforcement and we understand they will try and get it set aside, so we do not know how they will manage this as we have waited for the refund since November 2019 and all they have done is threaten more action for their failures, its unbelievable.   All advice appreciated as always
    • Hi @dx100uk   good news and thanks so so so so much for your advice before - I referenced what you said and had this back from the Enforcement Officer:    “I’ve discussed your enquiry with my colleague and we are of the opinion that the actual signage would require advertisement consent (a search of our records shows that no permission has been granted and there are no outstanding applications), however we believe that the camera itself would benefit from permitted development rights.   I hope this information is helpful, and should you require anything else, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.”   frustrating that I didn’t do this before I put in my defence but I’ll include in the WS! 
    • Hi all    need some advice please    a few month ago our fan oven door outside glass broke while no one was home. The cooker was a HUD61PS duel fuel model.  hotpoint agreed to repair free of charge and ended up picking the old cooker up and changing it for what we were told was a ‘like for like’ exchange. I specifically asked if there were any changes to the newer build and was told no just built newer.    on using the cooker we noticed that the fan in the fan oven turns off once the oven reaches temperature. So the fan oven is only a part time fan oven ! Hotpoint tell me this is to make the energy rating better.  Yet food has to be cooked for longer at a higher temperature to ensure it is cooked fully !!!  e.g potato waffles - 12/15 mins usually at 200° this oven they take at least 20 mins at 220° and still usually come out soggy !  a pie only come out half browned - keep in mind it’s meant to be a fan oven !    hotpoint are saying they will send an engineer out to see if it’s operating as intended .... but my argument is. It’s not the same oven we had or want ! We would never buy a fan oven that functioned like this.  Or we can have a full refund for £389 which is curry’s current selling price .....  no chance finding a decent oven for that price.      can we make hotpoint out us back in the position we was in prior e.g. with a cooker with a fan oven that works fully as a fan oven ? 
    • As I have said, we will work out the letter when you have all of the information that we need. By and large it will give them an opportunity to comment on the reports and the quotes that you have obtained. It will invite them to carry out their own inspection. It will invite them to undertake to pay the money which has been quoted for the remedial work and it will tell them that you will be bringing a legal action if this doesn't happen. Will sort out the details. Of course we are heading towards legal action here. It's pretty simple – but you will have to do be prepared to go ahead with your threat. I'm not into this 18 month gameplaying that you seem to be into. Once we make the threat – then we move on it. In other words at some point we give them 14 days notice of legal proceedings and on day 15 you issue the papers. If you are prepared to do this then I'm not sure what we can do
    • Just to double check with you what will i be looking for after sending the letters of to DTW. Them to say we will settle the original quote of installation or the cost of replacing all the tiles which really we don't want to do because of the upheaval ?.
  • Our picks

obiter dictum

Private Parking Ticket (Cloned)???

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 340 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Interesting one this. Got a demand today from a Private parking company called Civil enforcement and being hounded by a debt agency called ZZPS. 

Now they say as the 28 days us up i now owe collection fees and has increased to £170

It was for some kind of shopping park called Carnegie drive retail park in Dunfermline KY12 7AU

NOW THE CRUNCH

I live in Northern Ireland and at work at the time of the alleged offence

No photographic evidence provided, just a demand. Of course will appeal and use poplar but any suggestions??

Dont answer it and do not appeal.  They can never enforce it in scotland. Ever.   They have completely different laws regarding it than in england.  CE are well known to ignore this and still try.

Edited by renegadeimp

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

there is no such thing as trespass in scotland

POPLA doesn't apply either

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

But doesn't POPLA cost the PPC money ?

Seems like a good opportunity to waste their time and funds.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

In England yea. No such thing in Scotland.

Totally ignore it. It's a guaranteed win for you if you do

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

No point in using POPLA it doesn't exist in Scotland, the PPC hopes people will bite if they threaten enough. If they were silly enough to try court, they will get a severe tolchocking as you could never have been where the alleged breach occurred. Ignore them unless thet send a LBA then use on of ericsbrother's style letter to tell them where to go.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Do CEL have an online portal where you can view the photographs? Sometimes it's an operator typo, sometimes it's an ANPR hiccup, sometimes it's a cloned car. If it's either of the first 2 I'd be ignoring, if it's the 3rd one I'd be informing the police (although still ignoring CEL), because if it later turned out to be used in a hit and run or something and I'd done nothing, I wouldn't want it on my conscience.

if you can follow the above then you could very well have a good claim against them for breach of the GDPR.

Ignore the rentathreat dca though, they have nothing to do with anything ever