Ruby_Tuesday

fit note for new UC Claim?

Your case manager should remove the referral for a WCA from the system as it's no longer needed.

If they don't the CDHA/assessment centre should just cancel it but if they do send a questionnaire call them and explain that you have migrated over owing to a change and hopefully they should cancel the WCA.

The whole system is a joke to be honest and there is insufficient staff trained and able to do whats needed, most work coaches get this and try and make it easier where they can, but they are as stuck with the process as you are and believe me are just as frustrated as what should be simple is yet again made convoluted by the DWP/government.

Thank you tomtom256  my daughter has queried it on the journal and asked who we need to speak to about it.  Hopefully we will get it sorted asap. how do i find out who my case manager is? or is that the work coach?

A message to the right one could swing it hopefully.

Your work coach should have told you, although now your WCA is on you won't have a work coach and will only have a case manager.

If you check your journal it should hopefully show in there, however if you pick the option payment or service issue this will route the message to a case manager to look at, however you could be waiting for a while to get a response as they tend to be overworked.

So even with the bonkers amount of meds I have, including sleeping meds I am wide awake stressing and anxious at 3.20am....I will get hold of that bloody case manager if it kills me. I hope someone answers me on that damn journal tomorrow.  If not I will be on that helpline again and asking for a case manager.

14 hours ago, Ruby_Tuesday said:

So again …. we rang the uc help line...my support group status is on and I don't need any appointments with jobcentre.  So when the questionnaire arrives I guess I still have to send it off? even though the agent on the phone said its just a triggered thing for a new claim....but if I don't need one I wont have one? am guessing that's the medical assessment bit?.  my last one was may 2018 and put back in support group june 2018.

So you don't have to do anything now, as UC has transfered over the support group which is LCWRA under UC. Just check your UC statement when issued to make sure LCWRA is on it.

The Case Manager will cancel any health assessment requirement currently on their system. So don't complete any forms sent to you in the near future.

when the review date of the support/LCWRA award is reached, you will be contacted at some point, to assess your health at that point. You will have to then complete the assessment form and they may need you to attend assessment centre. 

UC Case Managers often don't respond to journal notes very quickly, so if you want information about your claim, such as when the review date of your LCWRA is due, I would suggest that you call them.

Hi Unclebulgaria67, that's a better idea actually, I will ring them first thing this morning, I believe the lines open at 8.am so I can ask who my case manager is and how to speak with them asap. Thanks again.  

Massive thank you's to tomtom256 and unclebulgaria67.  I was on the phone to the helpline bang on 8.00. It turns out that the lady I spoke to yesterday who was adamant I had to have a wca as my claim was new, was actually my case manager....she wasn't there this morning so I got one of her team, who also tried the same tactics, I asked then for who would deal with formal complaints as my claim is switch over not a new claim, and I know I am entitled to the limited work and work related activity and I cant be due for reassessment yet.  She went off for a couple of minutes and came back saying yes I was right...so I have all my entitlements now on my claim and a message in my journal from her confirming if any form arrives to just ignore it.  She said I might get a form in December as there is a note of 9 months to be assessed. For now though its all sorted.  My new GP seems to be on the case and is educated on Fibromyalgia and Bipolar so as well as my other illnesses he understands how hard it can be just to try and function at all some days/weeks/months.

Out of curiosity we dug out my last esa support group decision after assessment.  The lady doing it was a disability assessor, she didn't bother much with the bipolar or fibromyalgia as such, she saw the state and pain I was in, noted that there is muscle wastage in both arms and that I could not use a manual wheelchair, and therefore passed the disability element of esa.  Then she sneaked on the other page..."could" be considered for work within 18 months....so I was probably going to be hauled in again anyway on esa, so nothing lost....and it is only could and might...we shall see.

Excellent news and glad it all worked out for you and that you can breathe easy for a while.

Please fill in your quit date here