robinjw

First Direct / Arrow Global / debt plan/very old debt

I have received a letter today from Arrow Global saying their solicitors Drydensfairfax will be chasing an old debt from First Direct (HSBC on the letter).

I believe this original debt goes back to the mid 90's, current amount shown is £1,989.

Letter states original agreement was 15.10.07.

I have only ever had the one account at FD from the 90's so I dont know where the 2007 dates comes from.

In june 2015 I contacted Step Change to try sort out my debts.

I was unaware at the time that this would only last 1 year before they all started chasing the debts again.

This debt was on that list( I think)- back then it was recorded at £1700, so charges have been added since, though its not stipulated, Step Change requested no further charges added. I paid the Step Change charges (£1 for each debt) for the year.

However, if their letter states the agreement was 2007 is this still even enforceable?

It feels like they have gone through old files and dug ups some to chase, including mine. Ive not had any contact about this debt in the last 2 years to my knowledge.

The letter only tells me that the debt is being transferred to sols, but I want to be forearmed as to what to do when they start pestering me again.

Is this debt enforceable?

Ive a horrible feeling using Step Change has restarted the clock on the statute.

Ive had dealings with Arrow before and they were very aggressive.

Never heard of the latest sols they are using in this case.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Robin

When was the last payment to first direct

When was your 1st payment via stepchange

When was your last payment thru stepchange

PLEASE DONT USE REPLY WITH QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

3. Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

Hi,

With First Direct they sent it straight to debt collection agencies after I missed one payment, that was back in the mid 90's. I was never given the opportunity to pay back FD direct.

1st payment to Step Change was around end of June 2016. last payment would have been a year later when the plan automatically stopped ( which I was not informed of at the time that this would happen.) I only realised the payments had stopped a few months later when other sent me collection notices.They have not chased me for the debt in the meantime since it stopped.

Ok put it another way

before you joined step change

When did you last pay it?

or was there anytime a 6 yrs gap?

PLEASE DONT USE REPLY WITH QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Im not 100% sure,

however, I lived abroad for 5 years from 2000-2005 and I did not pay anything whilst away.

I only paid a Barclays one whilst away as I was still using my Barc account, but no longer had an account at HSBC or other debt payments in place while I was away.

According to them they then contacted me again in 2007 to start chasing, but I cant honestly remember them doing that.

The debts get passed around so many times its hard to keep track over 30 years!

I think you been had blind..sorry

imho I would ignore them totally until or unless you get a letter of claim from their favourite paperonly fake/tame solicitor.

the debt was most probably already statute barred when you started with the DMP

they nor the DCA would ever care about that as long as they got paid.

you've probably paid the debts many times over already.

no harm in sending HSBC [first direct ] an sar either

get all the info incase it progresses

but sorry you've been cash cowed blind.

use the search of the top red bar 

type inc the quotes

"cash cow"

Yesterday I received my first letter (ever) from DrydensFairfax re the above. They state that on 3rd August 2017 'a county court claim' was filed against me for the debt. No court is mentioned.However, whilst they do list a claim number for the alleged CCJ, this is the first I have heard of it. I have NEVER received any information from any court about this debt, or from Arrow Global previously er collecting for it. Nor have I had any warning letters prior to anything being lodged, or any opportunity to respond if it was lodged. Additionally this is a very old debt as listed above.

It goes on the say 'if Im experiencing difficulties to call to discuss a plan to pay 'etc giving me 14 days to respond or enforcement action 'may' be taken against me, including:-

1. Warrant of control -re a bailiff 'could' visit to take my items

2. Attachment of earnings order- employer could be forced to pay on my behalf via earnings ( Im not employed by a company, I live off my savings and occasionally work for a friend )

3. Charging order 'could' be obtained against my property.

The fact that this is all worded as could/ may be/ might makes me feel like this is a ruse to get me to contact them via making threats. Also, if they have had my details for so long why would they wait nearly 2 years to start trying to collect on the supposed CCJ? Is there an online way I can find out if this debt really has a CCJ attached? Ive had dealings with trying to call courts before and they take hours to answer the phone.

I did not respond to their last letter as I was waiting to see what their next move would be, however, I did check the SRA register and this solicitor does seem to exist as Drydens Ltd since 2016.

Please advise what my next step should be.

Many thanks in advance.

quick additional note, just found www.trustonline.org.uk which states it is the Official Statutory Register of Judgments, Orders and Fines for England and Wales on behalf of the Ministry of Justice for the claim number on the letter, this web site states the number is invalid, adding to my suspicions that this is a fake threat.

Contact the court to find out. .  If they havent followed protocol, then the CCJ can easily be sunk.  They might have also got it by the backdoor.

Edited by renegadeimp

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Just contact northampton and they can advise.  If its a fake CCJ, then you MUST report it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

On an old address, or associated.  All they have to show is that they sent it to the last known address.  Then as soon as its filed, they magically find your current one.

go check your credit file

dx

did you get that sar to hbos running?

I downloaded a copy of the SAR from your site ready to add to and send but wanted to wait and see what the first letter threatened before launching any kind of attack as such. I am slightly baboozled by the SAR thing as I have moved around a lot in the last 30 years since this debt began at HBOS including being out of the country for 5 years and several addresses in UK after that. Also, Im not really sure who/ where to send it to.

"Bank Fodder' who added the file on  your link states 'SAR always goes to the original creditor regardless to if the debt has been sold to no powers Debt collection agency"  - how can they be 'no powers' if they can lodeg CCJs in your name and use and old address to 'back door' it as suggested above? Seems like quite a lot of power from my perspective if it forces me to pay something that should have been statue barred perhaps.

The link to the ICO from your site does not work. Ive looked at their site and cant find a way to get HBOS controller address to send a SAR to.

no you should have gotten it off 

the fact that this debt is owned by a dca is nothing to do with hsbc and cant effect anything by sending it 

the hbos address is in the address sticky on the hbos homepage.

a dca is just like you or me

if we think someone owes us money

we can issue a claimform via the mcol court.

they have zero legal powers just like you or me and are not bailiffs either

I would say this debt was statute barred before the ccj.

go get your credit file please

see if the ccj shows.

make sure all of your old address show on your credit file if you cant see the ccj.

dx

No

Go get your credit file as post 19

And?

Who with

Try noddle

Hope you havent been in touch with drydens

Please fill in your quit date here