Council Tax and Jacobs bailiff - Can they come back within 24hrs notice?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1853 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Had a visit from the Bailiff today for a liability order from last year that is under the name of my Dad and myself as in His First name, My First name Surname.

it was for a rental property that I manage for my dad which he owns. 

The council tax overdue was £12 which slipped past and they added on a £100 liability order.

Then we got a letter from the bailiff to say the amount due was £180 which we asked the city council to see if they could review and never heard back from them. We thought that this meant that they had dropped

today the Bailiff turned up and added another £250 to the costs and says that if we don't pay today they will come back with a van and start taking stuff away tomorrow. 

Should I just pay the £420 for the £12 bill which the council are not responding about. 

Does the baliff have the power to come back within 24hrs? 

£75 enforcement notice fee giving 7 days to pay it + the LO total

if not done and they return then that adds another £235.

no forced entry on CTAX

sadly you now owe the fees whatever..

you don't have to deal with the bailiff 

so did you get a notice of enforcement with your current address on it before?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

moved to the bailiff forum

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

23 minutes ago, dx100uk said:

so did you get a notice of enforcement with your current address on it before?

Yes we did and we emailed the City council 4 times to get it corrected as it was under my name and I have nothing to do with the property other then collect the rent. It's owned by my dad and he is liable for all the bills. 

Well email is obv not the way to deal with that council

Ring and record the call

Who's the bailiff co.

and they

Jacobs.

I have paid them the funds now. Will have to see what my rights are and who to appeal the Council Tax bill too. 

Edited by axil23

Now you have paid they will likely not be bothered, matter closed as far as Council concerned.   Make sure you are taken off the next bill. Others might know more.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• dx100uk changed the title to Council Tax and Jacobs bailiff - Can they come back within 24hrs notice?

Who did you actually pay? If the Council then it may be likely the Bailiffs will still call until they are advised otherwise. You say you got the Notice of Enforcement - you should have followed the instructions and contacted the Enforcement Co.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You can still dispute liability with the council. If the council won't budge then you'd need a valuation tribunal to dispute the liability although, in some cases, the LGO can assist with ancillary arguments. If you are not the owner and it was not your 'sole or main residence' then you are correct that you are not liable.

• 3 weeks later...

Two weeks along since I complained to them and they are not really bothered. No one has acknowledged the complaint since they have got their money. 

How long should I give before I take this further? Also I was wondering is this something that I can discuss with the credit card company since the bill wasn't my liability but I was pressured into paying it by a 20 stone tough guy. 

Edited by axil23

Sent them a email and followed it up with a phone call to a senior member of staff who assured me that she had opened up a case and had sent it over to her senior. 

Since then I have made two phone calls for an update on the case and have been advised it’s being looked into.