BankFodder BankFodder

chis1230

Cabot financial chasing old RBS mint cc

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 353 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi guys 

It's been a while but need to call upon your expert advice once again.

Made redundant in 2012 and unable to pay a number of creditors,  offered £1 payments to all.

The only payment still active is to mint credit card with a small balance just over 2k.

For the last year wescot credit been chasing me for payment, I have never acknowledged them and continued to pay mint the £1 .

Now Cabot have wrote saying they own my account and payments need to be transferred to them.

They say they are happy to continue accepting £1 but have slipped in that if I pay £5 I can reduce the time it will take to pay it off, ha really, I wasn't aware of that.

As I have never acknowledged wescot or Cabot about this, I suspect they are awaiting my call before they bombard me with the usual threats.

Debt has never been on credit file.

From previous experience I have learned,  I will not be contacting or transferring any payments to any DCA.

What my question is though, shall I terminate the £1 payment to mint, if they no longer own the debt ? 

is this an old RBS mint card, who do you pay?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

Yes it's from early 2000s sometime.

Payment is directly to mint.

moved to the RBS forum.

i'd stop payments and await cabot to write.

did RBS know your correct address if it has changed since taking this card out?

Yes same address then and now

sit on your hands

stop payments

come back when you get the first bit of deforestation from cabot thru your door.

dx