• Tweets

• Hi, I bought a car from Citroen dealer 'Robins and Day' on 21/06/2019, it was C4 grand piccasso 2016 with only 4400 miles on the dashboard. The caar started giving trouble every morning showing "gearbox fault, repair needed'. Its only started happening in the morning when weather satrted getting cloder. When I switch on the engine in the morning it is fine but as soon as I start reversing the car  then gearrrbox gets stuck on reverse gear which locks everything, unable to switch on or push the car back to a parking position to keep the road clear. Last thuursday morrning gearbox got stuck while reversing infront of a school, it was verry stressful be causing one mile of traffic.   Got the car recovered by RAC and taken to the dealer, diagonosis was booked for Friday the 18th october 7:30 am but they were not giving me any update until today afternoon that actuator may be broken. They now want to get authorisation from the extended warranty department of their headoffice, said once parts is ordered it will take upto 3 to 4 days.   I am a cab driver and I have already lost 7 days and I assume they are going to take another 5 days, in total around 2 weeks. They are taking too long because I have compait to ther headoffifor ruude and unproffessional service.   Can I claim my loss of earnings against this dealer?   Should I start the process to reject the car now as it is still within 6 months from the date of purchase?   I have been to the same dealer twice for other fault like dashboard touch screen getting stuck , also front and rear window heater geting activated even if I  dont touch the buttons. 2nd issues was car was making noise, they told me it was a bracket broken at the front pannel of the car due to someone hit the car ( it was someone hit the car in the parking lot, and brrren the front ffog light's trim) which they charge 200 ponds for replaciing the bracket, but problems still there.   I will appreciate foryour kind advice. Thanks in advance.      
    • Go on holiday with it Dump the iva (it should be ended by now anyway max duration is 5yrs!!)   Whos it with?? Sounds like youve been had blind!!   Get a list of the debts up Send everyone a CCA request!   Bet 90% you dont even owe
    • Yes no problem remember to do a witness statement for your partner or anyone else that was there if you intend to rely on their evidence or wish them to be able to speak at a hearing  will be posted within the hour cheers
    • Hi DX100uk   Thanks for your message and also that you remembered my issues   I am still in iva but not paid them for 3 months.   After my redundancy in Mar I had to pay them 18.5k and thought I was close to ffs but they advised that due to redundancy payment treated as windfall (lol) they were changing the due amount from 81% to 100%   I did find another job after 6 weeks but am on probation for 6 months but its not going well as I am stressed from iva and new job.   The doctor has signed me off for 2 weeks with anxiety & referred me to a councillor, also written a letter for me to fwd to iva asking they allow me to settle early.   So far my original debts were 74k but proven debt was 61.5k    With my payments to date (including redundancy) I have paid in 54k and my girlfriends family are so worried about me they are offering 11k as gift for ffs   Payplan were going to terminate my iva and said it could well result in bankruptcy ( I have a flat with a mortgage) but equity of about 80k which I am worried they will go after   I spoke to pp today telling them how stressful this all was and it may well be that I don't pass my probation ( I am 59 btw so was lucky to find a job so quickly) Sorry to burden you with all this but I always respect your advice and knowledge, and PP have worried me by going for the 100% and bankruptcy warning   Thanks in advance 
  • Our picks

cenk102

BudgetAir.co.uk refuse refund

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 225 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Posted (edited)

Hi

I was wondering if someone can help, i searched for a flight via skyscanner and i decided to buy tickets for Turkish Airlines via budgetair.co.uk, this was over a month ago, nowhere did it state when i was purchasing the tickets were they non refundable.

On the 7th March we had some bad news that my wife had serious condition and will require surgery, doctors are saying flying is not safe as it can rupture your stomach veins, i contacted budgetair to let them know of our problem, they replied your ticket is non refundable we can give you back the taxes and even then with our admin fees you will get nothing back. I am absolutely shocked spent over £2000 on the ticket, no compassion, nothing.

We do not fly much and never knew "non refundable ticket exists", our tickets did not mention non refundable and nor did it at the time of buying the tickets, this is mis selling surely. This was totally out of our control.

Is there anything we can do, i have phoned them and its 10p a minute to ring and already spent over £10 and they are not budging. i have emailed them and requested there complaint procedure but no response. The flight is on 8th april and they have plenty of time to resell the tickets but they have no compassion whatsover.

any advice appreciated.

Edited by cenk102

Posted (edited)

I am sorry to hear of your wife’s illness and hopes she makes a swift recovery.

I’m afraid that most air fares are not refundable - you pay a significant extra premium for a ticket that is.

Buying through an agent also complicates things.  Personally I always prefer to purchase a flight direct from the airline so that if there is an issue you don’t have to go through a third party but can plead your case directly.

Hopefully you will have bought travel insurance given the significant costs of the flights.  If so, you should be able to make a claim on the policy.  If not, I’m not sure you have many options, except to ask the airline directly for a gesture of goodwill.

Edited by Vauban
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Vauban said:

I am sorry to hear of your wife’s illness and hopes she makes a swift recovery.

I’m afraid that most air fares are not refundable - you pay a significant extra premium for a ticket that is.

Buying through an agent also complicates things.  Personally I always prefer to purchase a flight direct from the airline so that if there is an issue you don’t have to go through a third party but can plead your case directly.

Hopefully you will have bought travel insurance given the significant costs of the flights.  If so, you should be able to make a claim on the policy.  If not, I’m not sure you have many options, except to ask the airline directly for a gesture of goodwill.

the flight is next month and we have no travel insurance at present.

Do you recommend i contact the airline?

Posted (edited)

Check how much you'd get back in taxes.

It won't be a small amount. 

Admin fee cannot be higher than £50 in my experience. 

By all means, start dealing with the airline directly, they will probably be more understanding. 

Write to ceo office and see what they say.

If they refuse to bulge, go on social media and FACTUALLY say to the world what happened. 

They usually pay attention after being named and shamed. 

Edited by king12345
  • Like 1

just received letter from hospital, the surgery is on the 8th april, same day as i fly. 😯

More stuff that you could post on social media if they don't play ball