• Tweets

• I have been told by the council and welfare rights again because I receive £64. and my partner £168 state pension we aren't entitled to help with the rent and that I would have to pay from the carers £79 per week rent payments and that we couldn't claim universal credit as they would also tell us we aren't entitled. I'm at my wits end as by the time we pay full rent and council tax along with bills and food we aren't going to manage. 
    • I emailed the Information Comissioner's Office for clarification. I explained the above and asked them if the DPA applies to firms.   To my surprise,  they phoned me today. Lloyd bank's policy of refusing to release information about corporate (ie business accounts) is incorrect. The fellow at the ICO told me I am legally entitled to ask my own bank to insist that Lloyds provide them with the info that I want. I cannot remember the name of the protocol but when i phoned my bank and explained that I had spoken to the ICO, my bank's operative spoke to a superior and confirmed that they would now start the ball rolling.dd 
    • I can instruct my dog to sit if it does is another matter.   it this octo themselves or another co ..who?   does it mention the pre action protocol and contain a reply pack? if not safe to ignore    dx  
    • Thanks DX.  I've ploughed through the pages and dug out what I feel are the relevant ones. Obviously, some of these are duplicates of what I've put up before.  Anyway, I would be hugely grateful if someone can look over and advise. Reading though other posts and on other cases that I've had help with from here, I don't think they have much of a case - given the weakness of much of their "evidence" - but obviously I would be grateful for some expert advice from the helpful souls on here.    Thank you.    B   Witness Oct19_redacted.pdf
    • You came here for advice, soem advice has been given adn you question the validity and source of that advice. We are all lay peopele, ie not giving professional advice but it is based on experience of the world and in some cases working in the field that advice is given on. Now you dont have to take our advice, we wont get the huff if you prefer to look elsewhere or do something else. when I asked what you think they would do with your NI number it is to prod you to think for yourself and question why they would ask for this when there is nothing legal they can do with the information so wouild you be wnating to give it to them knowing that they would want it to break the law if they processed it. Now you can take that up with the company at the top but TBH unless you want to spend money on a lawyer they will not answer the question or fob you off with some ridiculous answer anyway.   so for the moment read a lot about  RLP and similar situations to yours ans make particular note of what happened to the peopel in the end. You will find no threads theat ended by saying " thanks to you I gor sued by RLP and owe them a fortune". It isnt going to happen and the reasons why are explained in many threads. They rely on your feeling of guilt to get anywhere
  • Our picks

DPS77

Sainsbury/DWF - can they pass on his details to the police /Legal action for shoplifting??

Hi Guys

My friend was caught shoplifting at Sainsbury's, the value of the item was around £5 - £6. Security staff took down his details but did not call the police - they issued him with a lifetime ban instead. I know he'll expect a letter from DWF but can they pass on his details to the police and if so will they take action to investigate this and charge him or give him a fine?

nope

moved to the RLP forum

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Thanks, do you know if Sainsburys themselves can pass on the details to the police if they didn't call them on the day?

not for £6!

if you read a few Sainsbury DWF topics here you'll soon get the idea 

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

The honest answer is YES they can.

The fact is though, if they were going to inform the police they would have done it there and then.  If they contact the police and report it as a crime, then the person reporting will have to complete varying amounts of paperwork including a full witness statement.  Not to mention waiting on the phone for a fair amount of time to report it in the first place.

The store / security don't want to waste 2-3 hours of staff time for a £5-£6 theft.  Tell your friend he has been silly and to use this as his only chance.  I know plenty of security teams that DO call the police for £5-6 thefts.

LPG

Thank you for your reply, that's very helpful. He's incredibly embarrassed by the ordeal and knows what he did was extremely silly and illogical.

Do Sainsbury’s have a picture board for staff to see all the shoplifters faces? Like a rogue gallery I’ve always wondered?

Hello Sparkie, welcome to CAG.

If you have queries about this sort of thing, you need to start a new thread of your own please.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

short answer is no as that would be breaking the data protection act and GDPR.

spreadsheets 

On 16/05/2019 at 13:32, SPARKIE1976 said:

Do Sainsbury’s have a picture board for staff to see all the shoplifters faces? Like a rogue gallery I’ve always wondered?

The retailer I do work for used to have a rogues gallery in a number of stores - polaroid type snaps not lifted from CCTV in many cases but with those detailed asked to look at the camera and watch the birdie (many I recall were smiling or posing for the camera). There were literally hundreds of photos on some of the walls with a summary of what they were suspected of taking written underneath. All disappeared a few years ago though and have never been seen since. 

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

On 12/03/2019 at 14:32, Losspreventionguy said:

The honest answer is YES they can.

The fact is though, if they were going to inform the police they would have done it there and then.  If they contact the police and report it as a crime, then the person reporting will have to complete varying amounts of paperwork including a full witness statement.  Not to mention waiting on the phone for a fair amount of time to report it in the first place.

The store / security don't want to waste 2-3 hours of staff time for a £5-£6 theft.  Tell your friend he has been silly and to use this as his only chance.  I know plenty of security teams that DO call the police for £5-6 thefts.

LPG

Boots do.