katyviolet09

backdoor Lowell O2 CCJ when they knew my correct address

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 194 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Good Afternoon All,

I was checking my credit files today & found a CCJ registered against me for £370 in January.

Lowell & the court have sent the CCJ and everything concerned to my previous address from over 2 yrs ago.

Having done some digging it seems Lowell have been sending me begging letters to my current address since April 2017 for this old o2 debt.  

Lowell have also been sending begging letters for old debts (no PAP forms) as well to my current address which I haven't responded to. 

As recently as 7/9/2018 I received a letter of claim @ my current address & I replied to this ticking Box D, signing & dating the forms & confirming my current address not the old one.(I cannot find my proof of posting but I have a copy of the PAP).

Given this scenario I find it very underhand that they have issued a claim & registered a CCJ to my old address.

Having spoken with Northampton the paperwork was sent out on the 5th December 2018 & judgement entered on the 10th January 2019

I would be happy to go to court if needed & show they know my current address & have issued this claim underhand.

I am prepared to pay for the Set Aside if it is worth it.

I am prepared to pay Lowell a little each month.

But ideally I would like some advice on whether I should contact Lowell or just go straight to the Courts?

Will I get bailiffs around to collect the outstanding balance?

Will Lowell be co-operative?

Will they remove CCJ if paid in full..etc etc.

Any help would be appreciated as always many thanks...………. 

you have proof they knew your correct address so you have a reason for the setaside.

as its a telecoms debt, the relevant authorities/regulators are down on record as saying excess unused contract months payments till end of term are unfair and unlawful.. so there you p'haps have a reasonable defence for the claim itself.

i'd be ringing lowells and see if they'll remove the CCJ and no cost to you and forget about it by mutual consent.

if not sadly its £255 and N244 set aside time.

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets