Xercise4Less Admin Charge

Ljp22
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1784 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I am a student currently signed up to a 12 month minimum term membership at Xercise4Less Leeds

I missed a Direct Debit payment on the 8th of March of £14.99 due to insufficient funds and received an email today that says the following; 

Dear [my name]
Harlands administer the collection of all payments due under your agreement with Xercise 4 Less. Your bank have advised us that your March instalment has been returned unpaid "refer to payer" as there were insufficient funds in the account to pay the amount due. 

We will therefore debit your account on 21 MAR 19 for the total amount of £39.99 made up as follows: 

Instalment Amount £14.99
Administration Fee £25.00
Total Due £39.99

Please note that the submission for this will be made two working days prior to 21 MAR 19 and if this date is not convenient, please contact us on the HARLANDS HELPLINE - 01444 449033. 

Our telephone lines are open 8.00am to 8.00pm Monday to Friday and 09:00am to 12:00 on Saturday. We look forward to receiving your call. 

Once the submission has been made the debiting of your account cannot be stopped. You must ensure that sufficient funds are in the account to prevent further charges being made and possible default action being taken against you. 

I won't have sufficient funds until the 29th April and so will freeze my membership as to not miss April's payment

I am only a month into this 12 month minimum term and although I would cancel if I could following this admin fee, I can't unless I've moved permanent address, injury with doctor's note, redundancy or pregnancy. 

What I want to know is do I have to pay this administrative fee? And what should i do regarding the outstanding payment as I can't pay until after they will attempt to take this £39.99 charge and will face further charges?

Moved to the gyms forum

short answer is NO YOU DONT

they are a penalty and unlawful.

you can cancel but you would need to offer one months fee with NO penalty.

just use one of the slick132 letter here already

DO NOT EVER USE EMAIL>

block and bounce them now.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you for the reply 

Sorry to clarify, I can cancel my membership 1 month into a 12 month minimum term membership if I offer 1 month and no fee?

you can do what you like

gyms don't do court

the debts don't show on your credit file.

the powerless DCA's they pass this onto are not BAILIFFS 

and have

ZERO legal powers on ANY debt no matter what the type.

not nice no but p'haps what you should do, 

but the bottomline is if you give them access to your money they'll take  what they like when they like.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Ljp and welcome to CAG

A few points :-

1. You should cancel the DD mandate via your bank immediately or Harlands will abuse it.

2. You can't freeze your m/ship while the a/c is in arrears so that wouldn't work.

3. As well as Harlands trying to charge you their admin fee, the bank will charge you a fee for the bounced DD so this will add to your money-flow problem.

4. Stay off the phone and, if anyone calls you about this, hang up !

Your contract doesn't allow you to cancel so early BUT Harlands are threatening to use the DD mandate to collect (what we say are) unlawful penalty fees. Accordingly you should send them this by typed letter to their Haywards Heath address :-

Dear sir or madam,

I refer to my m/ship at [town/city] gym and the DD payment that was returned unpaid by my bank.

As you have said, in your email of xxdate, that you'll use the DD mandate to collect unlawful admin fees as well as the unpaid gym fee, I have cancelled the DD mandate with my bank.

If you agree to waive the unlawful admin fees, I will reinstate the DD mandate.

If you insist the admin fee is paid, I will consider the m/ship agreement terminated with immediate effect.

Yours faithfully,

Send to Harlands Head Office and get a free Cert of Posting from the PO counter.

Let us know how they respond. 😎

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 1 month later...

Hi again

Since this post I had my girlfriend send off the typed letter but forgot to get her to get a certificate of posting and it seems I've had no reply as I get emails and phone calls off "CRS" which is a debt collection agency notifying me I owe hundreds of £ including fees to the DCA themselves

Should I continue to ignore what this CRS sends? Do i have to pay these hundreds because I'm in no financial position to do so (with rent and such)

Thanks 

you block and bounce all emails and texts.

have you been self helping since march 11th and reading threads so you know what/what not to do since sending the letter?

and they

Hi LJP,

Please read other threads here - then you'll see CRS are simply Harlands in disguise, pretending to be a separate DCA.

Ignore demands from CRS for now.

It doesn't matter that you have no Cert of Posting. Even with it, Harlands/CRS would continue to send their begging letters and threats.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)