Jump to content


  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • Hey hello, so as a reminder this is what I sent added in the (via Payplan bit):   "I refer to your letter regarding dated 20th January 2021 stating that the debt wasn’t statute barred on the basis that payment was made via payplan in August 2012 towards this debt.   I believe that the debt was statute barred before any payment was made and if payments were made to the debt it still doesn’t unbar a statute barred debt. I will await your response."   This is the letter dated 25 Feb they sent back which I just received, I didn't scan as its only a couple of lines and quick this way:   "We refer to our previous correspondence and note that we have not received your completed financial statement.   It is in your interest to provide us with enough information to accurately assess your circumstances, therefore if you have difficulty completing the form, please contact us on xxxx at your earliest convenience or seek independent advice from one of the organization listed overleaf."   I just checked if the letter I sent and it was received and signed for on 17/02.   Wonder if its a good sign, that unlike all the other letters I have received from them this doesn't have some sort of threat of action in a certain time frame.    Cheers     
    • They won't have offered you a course when they sent the NIP because they don't know who was driving until you tell them.   If you are eligible for a course they will almost certainly offer it - irrespective of whether you've refused one in the past.  If they do offer you a course, I think you'd be daft not to accept it.  (I understand many drivers refuse because they think they'll be treated like naughty schoolkids, but apparently it's not like that and most people find them very useful and learn something new.)
    • Thanks. Sound advice again. I will tread carefully.    I have checked the first correspondence that they sent to me and there is no sign of an offer of a speed awareness course, I do remember being offered one a good few years ago but did not take that up at the time. That may be the reason for it not being offered again.     Looks like my only option now is to shut up and pay up.    Thanks for your input which is much appreeciated.    
    • Just about and card or loan clamform thread here You agree to mediation until the actual call on the day If by then you still dont have enough info to make an informed decision..you say no.   3 copies n180.  1 wit you
  • Our picks

    • I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
        • Like
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.
       
      I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.
       
      In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 
       
      In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.
       
      In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.
       
      To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.
       
      So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.
       
      Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!
       
       
        • Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 33 replies

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 716 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Hi All

 

So, i have had my house on the market for some 4 months now.  We have had viewings, but no offers.  The estate agent (i htink) had overvalued the house and as a result i think we missed the optimum selling window. 

 

We were convinced to reduce the price (by 5K) which we have - and we have had even less viewings!  and still no offers....

 

i cannot afford the mortgage, and my ex husband is causing me all sorts of issues ( I NEED TO MOVE!), so what Id like to know is this... if i rent the property, can i leave it on the market to sell?  what is the minimum term that i can rent it out for? 

 

ive been told its a minumum of 6 months and then i can market it, that means the house would have been on the market nearly a year!  believe me its not a special house, its just a 3 bed semi in the Midlands!

 

 

can someone please please give me some advice....

 

im coming off my cracker...

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd say it's a bad time to sell right now.  The Brexit uncertainty has all  but killed off the market.  

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

 

 Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

 

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Link to post
Share on other sites

You can rent it out short term and if in a good location even AirB&B.

My experience is that it's best to rent short term to builders working in the area.

They pay and move out without a fight. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Spring is the best time to sell a house, brexit wont make the slightest difference unless you live in Fulham. If you can survive the time from now until it actually completes then I would think that having it on the marker before the easter rush will work to your advantage so give your current agent the boot and list it again in a month's time

Dump the current agents and start again but check on previously sold prices in your area before agreeing a marketing price.

I placed my last house with an agent who didnt tell me I couild get a million quid for it but marketed it at a realisitc level. I got 12 offers and sold for £20k over asking price.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/03/2019 at 14:18, Feelingdownandout said:

 if i rent the property, can i leave it on the market to sell?  what is the minimum term that i can rent it out for?

 

If you are thinking of renting the entire house and living elsewhere, removing the tenants when the property is sold could end up being an expensive and drawn out affair involving courts & bailiffs. Also, many potential purchasers would be put off knowing tenants are in place, and it would certainly reduce the value of any offers.

 

Remaining in the house and taking in a lodger would ease your cash flow, would not impact on property value, and the lodger can be removed with as little as 24 hours notice.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

 

 

Quote
No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Have we helped you ...?


×
×
  • Create New...