Problems Selling my house...options

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1869 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

So, i have had my house on the market for some 4 months now.  We have had viewings, but no offers.  The estate agent (i htink) had overvalued the house and as a result i think we missed the optimum selling window. 

We were convinced to reduce the price (by 5K) which we have - and we have had even less viewings!  and still no offers....

i cannot afford the mortgage, and my ex husband is causing me all sorts of issues ( I NEED TO MOVE!), so what Id like to know is this... if i rent the property, can i leave it on the market to sell?  what is the minimum term that i can rent it out for? 

ive been told its a minumum of 6 months and then i can market it, that means the house would have been on the market nearly a year!  believe me its not a special house, its just a 3 bed semi in the Midlands!

can someone please please give me some advice....

im coming off my cracker...

I'd say it's a bad time to sell right now.  The Brexit uncertainty has all  but killed off the market.  

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Spring is the best time to sell a house, brexit wont make the slightest difference unless you live in Fulham. If you can survive the time from now until it actually completes then I would think that having it on the marker before the easter rush will work to your advantage so give your current agent the boot and list it again in a month's time

Dump the current agents and start again but check on previously sold prices in your area before agreeing a marketing price.

I placed my last house with an agent who didnt tell me I couild get a million quid for it but marketed it at a realisitc level. I got 12 offers and sold for £20k over asking price.

On 11/03/2019 at 14:18, Feelingdownandout said:

if i rent the property, can i leave it on the market to sell?  what is the minimum term that i can rent it out for?

If you are thinking of renting the entire house and living elsewhere, removing the tenants when the property is sold could end up being an expensive and drawn out affair involving courts & bailiffs. Also, many potential purchasers would be put off knowing tenants are in place, and it would certainly reduce the value of any offers.

Remaining in the house and taking in a lodger would ease your cash flow, would not impact on property value, and the lodger can be removed with as little as 24 hours notice.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.