BankFodder BankFodder

Brian44

Landlord won't give us a few days over section 21

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 451 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello

I have a section 21 that tells me to leave my rented property by 26 March after having an AST. I've lived in the property for five years and have never been late paying the rent and have been a good tenant. I have found a couple of properties after a fairly frantic search, but neither is available until several days after I'm supposed to leave. The landlord is totally inflexible and says he won't even give me a single day. If I have to stay five days or a week past the s21 date, will I have to pay a whole month's rent or can I pay the proportion of the rent for the days I remain?

Thanks in advance.