How to find out if you have CCJ's over 6 years old?

sinkorswim
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1844 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have been living overseas for the last 13 years and have a couple of unpaid debts, one of them was from a mobile phone company which failed to cancel my contract when I left the comany and two others from credit cards which for some reason payments where not taken from my bank. I know any debt over 6 years is statue barred as long as it does not have a CCJ. 

My question is how do I find out if any of the debts have had CCJ's attached to them as I no longer have any of the details regarding them and they will have dropped of my credit report after 6 years? As I say I no longer have the details and cannot even remember which credit cards they where as I had several cards and 3 bank accounts at the tine and my credit report will not show anything as it has been oveer a decade.

Hi and Welcome to CAG

You cant find out..... if its over 6 years old as it will drop of your CRAs and The CCJ Register.The fact that it is over 6 years old also means the Judgment Claimant has taken to long to enforce it and therefore would have to seek the courts permission to execute the judgment further.

Andy

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

And the good news is, if you need to get credit or a mortgage, they can't see them either.

• Like 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thankyou for the replies,

So I just leave it and see if anyone contacts me when I register back as a UK resident? Problem is I will be staying with family initially and I don't want county court bailiffs coming to the home and causing them distress but seems I don't have an option. 

No bailiffs will contact you.  IT is incredibly unlikely that anyone will try and enforce a CCJ that is more than 6 years old.  

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread