Capquest and old HBOS Aqua card - now newday - No Default listed after yrs of self DMP use

shellbells1982
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1747 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm having problems with Halifax/ Bank of Scotland finding my account and processing my SAR

I received a letter from BOS on 29/03/19 saying they cannot find and BOS accounts in my name

I called them on 08/04/19 and explained that it was an old HBOS Aqua credit card and after a few moments hanging on and going back and forth, the guy on the line said they'll process it

I've then received a letter from Halifax on 18/04/19 saying they too are unable to locate a credit card in my name

I called them today and explained again and I'm just going around in circles on the phone, again I'm asking who processes my SAR for HBOS and in the end the guys like this is rather old so we no longer hold the data

If I need the OC to default the account with the correct date - that the account was sold to Capquest, how am I going to be able to do this now?

Thanks

have you proof of the existence and payments through the DMP with ??

that might help you prove things

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi dx,

I have only the comms log (from new day) shows that the account was sold

And the payment plan was direct to Capquest - then known as Call Quest and I only have the Notice of Assignment and a copy (can download) all the £5 direct payments made to CQ

As the payment plan was done externally through a debt management plan company 

never known capquest to be that name must be a typo by someone.

DMP was with?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

agreed , just that I hadn't seen that name for that period 

but

i'm wondering if it might be possible to convince hbos  that they should have defaulted the debt with such evidence and where it would get you.

and they

Hbos..same lot

were you not with payplan years ago though?

and they

Address it to HBOS? - the address Halifax & BOS use are the same. Again as they both don't want to action or take responsibility for the SAR I submitted

I've NEVER been on a DMP with any external companies. I have said that from the beginning of this post. I've been on payment plans with the OC's but never with Payplan the company

• dx100uk changed the title to Capquest and old HBOS Aqua card - now newday - No Default listed after yrs of self DMP use

removed payplan from thread title now, 

ok the more evidence you have that you were paying them might convince them they should have defaulted yo at XXX date.

regardless to if they hold/ don't any info themselves.

and they

I think its worth the shot, 

and they

• 4 weeks later...

So looks like I've finally got this resolved - at least the HBOS part with RBS

Sent them (RBS) a complaints email again and attached everything that showed I had an account

2wks later, on Tuesday and again today I get a response email asking me to call them. I'd been busy with work and just hadn't had the time

Called late this afternoon, they've sent a letter out now but the guy went through it with me on the phone

They're really sorry for all the trouble I had to go through, found my historical account, had actually defaulted me in Feb 2013, gave £50 compensation (is in my bank acc already), Aqua is now New Day, any issues I get with CapQuest can follow up with them and they'll provide what I need.

Glad they recognised their wrongs with this cause it was starting to get a little stressful. In the 2wks not hearing anything from them I'd called and got through to Recoveries who had no idea and told me to write them a letter

So as soon as the letter arrives from RBS I'll get writing to CQ

hey great result off the file then.

dx

and they

Not sorry really, I am dealing with one exactly the same at the moment. Real default 2013 like yours funnily enough .

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

17 hours ago, Dodgeball said:

Not sorry really, I am dealing with one exactly the same at the moment. Real default 2013 like yours funnily enough .

I probs was far too nice about the Bank. Just glad I've finally got it resolved. Persist with it

Though I have now been waiting nearly a week for this confirmation letter which is what I vitally need to get CQ to correct their entry

On 30/05/2019 at 17:29, shellbells1982 said:

So looks like I've finally got this resolved - at least the HBOS part with RBS

Sent them (RBS) a complaints email again and attached everything that showed I had an account

2wks later, on Tuesday and again today I get a response email asking me to call them. I'd been busy with work and just hadn't had the time

Called late this afternoon, they've sent a letter out now but the guy went through it with me on the phone

They're really sorry for all the trouble I had to go through, found my historical account, had actually defaulted me in Feb 2013, gave £50 compensation (is in my bank acc already), Aqua is now New Day, any issues I get with CapQuest can follow up with them and they'll provide what I need.

Glad they recognised their wrongs with this cause it was starting to get a little stressful. In the 2wks not hearing anything from them I'd called and got through to Recoveries who had no idea and told me to write them a letter

So as soon as the letter arrives from RBS I'll get writing to CQ

You obviously have them by the short hairs, I wish I was doing as well.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS