Barclays Masterloan - Enforceable Recon CCA?

HSBCandMe
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1653 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

21 hours ago, HSBCandMe said:

Letter from barclays on saturday saying wescot will be managing account on their behalf.  What became of moorcroft.  

Texts today from wescot. Withheld number so unable to block.

Ignoring everything.  

Id report them. Iirc theyre not allowed to withhold their number

• Thanks 1

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Wescot are pestering pretty bad. So far (both) just calling and texting my mobile.  

Out of curiosity, are DCAs allowed to call or visit me at my place of work? 

Edited by HSBCandMe

ofcourse not

where have you got that idea from?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Barclays have withdrawn my CC while it still has an overdrawn balance.  It was being managed well and I always met my payments. Thankfully however it is not a massive debt. Presumably they have done this because I stopped paying the old Masterloan and this has gone to Wescott (who are bombarding me with calls).

That's fine and I don't want their credit card anyway. However, I am worried that they will automatically proceed to trash my credit files by showing the balance as "in excess" of my zero limit, which is exactly as they are showing it on my banking app.  This would be very annoying, as I paid well over the minimum balance this month before they just unilaterally pulled the plug on my account without notice.  Is there anything I can do about that happening?

probably already defaulted surely?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi, no. It was all kosher. You see, the disputed Masterloan is so old (2003) it never impacted on my other accounts with them until I stopped the AP.  No matter, I don't want their lousy CC anyway. I will pay the balance off and be done with them. 

No sign yet of the bank selling the old Masterloan debt on. Their cockroach friends at Wescott keep upping the ante but, as you say, are powerless while acting as agents.

Re Masterloan, Wescot are bombarding my mobile 'phone with texts. 3 or 4 a day minimum. Although I tried to block their number they seem to find a way to send them. Is there any way I can block Wescot? I know I don't have to answer but justb seeing their name in my messages is upsetting.  

I got a 'red letter' from them but just filed it under 'i' for ignore

How long begore Barclays give up and sell it on do you think?

Edited by HSBCandMe

• 2 weeks later...

Your call

and they

• 3 weeks later...