Nationwide want to offst PPI - can i challenged them?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1846 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am annoyed that Nationwide last year acknowledged my PPI claim but decided that since the 2002 disputed debt still existed they would setoff the PPI refund.

I never responded however while I understand that their claim against me is now out of time the alleged debt still exists ... or does it??

Wikipedia says ... The law thus allows both parties to defer payment until their respective claims have been heard in court. 

This is partly why setoff was introduced... however if no case will be heard how can they initiate setoff??

Additionally... we are all aware that banks use their irrecoverable debts to offset against tax liabilities so it is unlikely that my alleged debt is still on their balance sheet.

could i not insist on a dpa response to determine how they dealt with my alleged debt and to prove that the alleged debt still exists on their balance sheet??

Any comments or observations would be welcome.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• dx100uk changed the title to Nationwide want to offst PPI - can i challenged them?

if the original creditor still owns the debt yes they can offset

in E&W the statute of limitations regarding 6yrs statute barring only prevents enforcement action of a judgement, so owners of debts don't usually bother going to court as they cant ever enforce a judgement.

the debt itself still exists.

unlike Scotland whereby the debt is EXTINUISHED - dead gone parrot - after 5yrs.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

agreed dx100uk

IF the debt exists

if the debt exists then it must be on the balance sheet as a debt .. i want to ask them to prove that the debt does still exist, alternatively to repay me the charges.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

if its still owned by the OC is always exists.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

have to disgree im afraid:

if they have used it to offset tax then they no longer have my debt and have not declared it as an asset.

need to find out...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nope.if its still owned by the org creditor they dont do that. Only upon sale would they redeem anything they could

and they