style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1861 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, another query regarding my move from our current rented property.

I have just had confirmation from the lettings agency that they can meet us at the property on XYZ to hand over key as they are performing the checkout on that day.

They have stated that neither landlord or tenant are permitted to be present during the checkout process - Is that normal?  I was under the impression that we should be present so that we can sign to say we're happy with the report?  If we're not present how can we sign to say that we are in agreement with the information that is being prsented to our landlord?  Or have I misunderstood something?

Ignore the name of Carpet cleaners, I am now and independant inventory clerk, and do check in/out and inventories for letting agents..

We always give the tenant the choice of being there at the check out, but it is not essential, the only form we get the tenant to sign on the day is the cleaning form, we then go round and do a compairson to the check in inventory. So to answer your question ..... no it is not normal to ban the tenant from the check out, but the process is now designed so that you get the report after 3-5 days, and then have the dispute process if you disagree with anything, nothing is quick these days.

I am not a solicitor :!::!:

Most of my knowledge came from this site :-D:-D

If I have been helpful in any way at all .............. Please click my star..... :-(:-(

That's what I thought - We should at least be given a choice because how can we disagree with something mentioned in the report after the event if we're not physically there to verify the information.  It would then become their word against ours.

Hi

If you wish to be present at the checkout then I would write to them and ask to get there response and make sure to keep it safe.

This is where you make sure you have as much evidence to challenge there checkout so take photos/videos of absolutely everything and I do mean everything, walls ceilings doors, skirting, light fittings, sockets/switches, carpet/laminate, curtains, beds etc in each area/room to note condition etc.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

is it the same company that did the check in report? if so then any discrepancies will be either what has happened during your tenancy or their error to start off with. You need to take pictures of absolutely everything you can, inside cupboards etc as well as all the visible knocks and stains.

Now i can understand them not wanting either LL or tenant ther whislt they do their job,, they will do it a lot quicker and it will save arguments. You should have the opportunity to say your bit before the landlord.

The lettings agent are the people performing the checkout.  I believe they performed the check in too.

Their reasoning is that they don't want any biased opinion.  To which I pointed out that they aren't exactly biased in this matter either.  Then I just had some waffle about how honest he is and he's never had any issues.

I will be taking photos of everything because I don't trust them.

If the checkout is within the time you are still a tenant then stay there but dont say a word.

I see from your other post that the agents are not going to be easy to get on with but the LL will end up footing the bill so speak to them directly